Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"...all is joy in Mudville"



"all is joy in Mudville...
the mighty Piglet has gone out..."
[with apologies to E.L.Thayer,"Casey at the Bat",1888]

the long captive Piglet was finally released this morning...
after 5 days of rest & recuperation from surgery...
she lost no time in scurrying out the window...
to make sure that all was still as it was supposed to be...
in her kingdom...the back yard...

once "out"... she climbed her tree...
the one right outside my bedroom window...
a calculated move on her part, I'm sure...
as she wanted to be sure I saw how "well" she is...

she came back in a couple of times...
[also showing off her newly regained freedom...]
the second time... she actually came and thanked me...
then was gone...in a flash... back outside...



where I hope she is sleeping in her spot...
and not roaming the neighborhood...

*sigh*

so as I left my bedroom... & went through the house...
feeding kitties and checking for overnight destruction...
I found, right in front of my bedroom door...
the empty kitty treat ball...
[hummm...I wonder how that got there ?]

so...being the nice purrson that I am...
I refilled it...[I developed an audience quickly..]
and took it back to roll on the LR/DR floor...

MJ...my first audience member...
[also the first to figure out how to get the treats from the ball...]
was right there as I rolled it...spilling out treats...
after he & Mattie cleaned up the spoils...
[they are the quickest...]

MJ went right to the source...



pawing the ball...making it roll and give up the goodies...



the rattle of the treat ball soon attracted the multitude...

as I write this... I still hear the "rattle"...
Mattie has figured out the "trick" too...

hummm... I'll bet I can fill it with the much less expensive...
dry food they get as a special treat...
otherwise...I'm going to go broke buying cat treats...

but now... I need to take Lacy to the vet...
she's been sneezing...and had a runny eye...
I've given her meds for both...
the eye is fine now...
but she's still sneezing and congested...

*cats*...

never a dull moment...

No comments: