Sunday, October 12, 2008

...with a capital "T"...& that rhymes with "P"...& that stands for...


TROUBLE...[aka Miz Sneakius Pieus]

strange how we remember where we were...
just before, or as, the world made a momentous shift...

the day JFK was killed...
the moment Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon...
the day the Berlin Wall came down...
the morning of 9/11/01...

or, of a more personal nature...

the first time we saw our soul mate...
took any major life step...
or in my case...

the day a student's distraught mother...
begged me to find a home...
for her daughter's 2 half-grown kittens...
or they would perish at the pound...
[their names are now Sneaky Pie & Gracie...
'nough said ?...]

my life up to that moment wasn't perfect...or easy...
but I had NO idea just how interesting it could get...

they both had "issues"... and took a lot of,"getting to know"...
as well as a lot of bandages, vet bills & patience...

in a previous post...I alluded to MizSPie's attempts...
to either "beguile" Molly into an unholy alliance...
or corrupt her basic canine "goodness" with catly mischief...



earlier this evening, after a brisk canter around the block...
I limped to my chair to work on an arrangement for Sunday...
and noticed this transpiring...

Molly, who had finished her dinner was just "chilling"...
and Miz-chief[SPie] was also "chilling...



and then began the dance of the "snaky tail"...
SPie's version of softening up for the kill...
she went from me to right under the dog's nose...
and back... to the cat food...a number of times...

I didn't think much of it at the time...
but I remember taking a chunk of cat food from the dish...
wrapping it around Molly's pill...
and watching her gulp it down...

since I had just watched her eat her dinner...
AND the cat food was where she couldn't effectively get at it...
not with the E-collar on...
I went to eat some dinner...

when I came back...a couple of hours later...
I found this...



that red dish behind the container HAD cat food on it...
[now it's on the floor...]
and Molly is doing her very best to look innocent...
Sneaky Pie is no where to be seen...
[she's actually skulking 'way back...
under the footstool waiting to pounce Thomas...]



so I moved it 'way "up"...
next to Creamer's new favorite nest...

a bit of time passes...



and now it's "sing-a-long" with Molly time...



she is relentless...[and LOUD...]



so after 79 choruses of "Let's Go Out, NOW !"...



and, "the look"...
I give in and get up to take her "out"...



she has developed a new "technique"...
when she wants me to move at Molly speed, outside...
she drags me at warp speed...
inside... she gets behind me and butts me with her E-collar...
I'm sure I have bruises on the backs of my thighs & calves...
from her bumping me to encourage me, to "move faster"...
anyway...I have sore spots...

as I write this...

Molly is quiet...almost too quiet...
after finagling me to take her out...
then NOT needing to go...
just wanting to run and frolic in the full moon light...

Sneaky Pie is cloaked in invisibility...
lurking under the foot stool...
Thomas...is plotting revenge, death & general mayhem...
as Sneaks was successful in scaring the stuffing out of him...

but I know...that the moment I get up to go to bed...
Molly will want to play again...outside...
and it's a bit chilly to frolic outside in the moonlight...

perhaps ...it's just the full moon...
and this level of activity will pass with the waning of the moon...
oh...I hope so...

No comments: