Saturday, October 11, 2008

...uh-oh



do you remember how I was just saying...
how much I thought SPie liked Molly... ?

I know all too well Miz SPie's subtle ways
[aka "living up to her name"...]
and I have seen a bit of canine duplicity/weakness...
especially where "cat food"[aka"dog candy"...]is concerned...



Molly was just eating some crunchies, like a good dog should...
when along slinks the "serpent"...
resplendent in silver-blue tabby fur & green eyes...
weaving her spell around "bonae caninus"...
and then around..."the cat food"...
[aka"the forbidden fruit"...]



"go ahead...take a bite...it's OK...I said so"...
aka..."let's see if you are gullible...
or if you just might be slick enough...
to be "useful" in my plans for world domination"...

back & forth...in & around...
all we needed was some cheesy "danger" music...
Molly pretended to ignore "the siren's song"...
but soon she was nibbling at the crunchies on the floor...
and getting ever closer to "falling from grace"...
[answer : gullible...not so much, slick...you bet'cha]

reacting to both culprits...
I said, "Molly, NO !"...just as she was about to sneak a nibble...
at which point she shook her head...
as if I must have misunderstood her intentions...
and with a deft sideways twitch...
innocently continued munching crunchies...
I added a menacing ..."Sneaky Pie...what are you up to ?"
to make sure she knew that I was on to her insidious plan...
as she beat a haughty, but none the less hasty, retreat...



at this point...she decided to observe from "afar"...
and lurked under the footstool...until Lucyfur walked by...
not paying her any mind...
so to save face, SPie jumped her...
creating a mild diversion and an exit strategy...



Molly was fine until she thought I'd stopped watching...
then temptation got the best of her...
I saw her "oozing" towards the cat food dish...
so I put the cat food "up" again...

when last I looked...
Creamer had finished the cat food...
Molly had gone to bed...
[she slept on the sofa most of the evening...]
and Sneaky Pie was back under the footstool...
waiting for her next victim...
[pouncing on unsuspecting cats...
having trumped the corruption of canines...
for this night, anyway...]

I'm almost afraid to know...
if the cat will succeed in corrupting the dog...
or if they will join forces...
either way... I may be in trouble...

I keep thinking of that "got milk?" commercial...

that...

and the commercial where the cat frames the dog...
for getting in the garbage...
and then the dog returns the favor...
and takes pictures...

both scenarios left the house in a mess...

if I don't show up for church tomorrow...
call 911...

No comments: