Tuesday, October 21, 2008

...the real & true,"Brave & Clever Sneaky Pie " song

I had decided that "today was the day"...
Fluff & Piglet needed their rabies boosters...
for their city license renewal...
among other things...
[Fluff's nails...Pig's post-op check-up...]

and I would have MizPie "chipped" & vaccinated...
so that she could take the late Tippy's place as being licensed...



I was NOT looking forward to the fit...
I was SURE Sneaks would pitch...

she LOVES attention...here...on HER turf...
on HER terms...

and can be very friendly...when it suits her...

but...

she has NEVER even tolerated our perfectly wonderful vet...
or his needles, thermometers[ewww] or kindly ministrations in general...

things would be said...
[at the top of her lungs...]
blood would be shed...
[the vet's & mine...]
and punishment would be dealt out...
[to everyone within the vicinity...
and for the next several days at home...]

but it needed to be done...and soon...

so I could make ONE trip to Animal Control...
to renew 2 licenses, inform them of Tippy's demise in March...
and purchase a new license for both Molly & Sneaks...

firm in my resolve...I took Molly for a walk...
came back in and located all three cat carry boxes...

since MizPie was flitting about, I picked her up...
and deftly dropped her into the plastic cage...
that I'd prepped by standing up on it's end...
[oh, so much easier than trying to push them into a horizontal cage...]

Herself was NOT pleased...
and quickly showed me that I had chosen well...
giving her the "escape-proof" cage...
as every attempt was being made on her part...
to open the spring loaded door lock...

failing that...she called me a nasty name...
and began to plot her next move...
as I left her cage on the porch...
while I "got" the others...



taking the stronger of the cardboard boxes...
I went in the bedroom...
snatching up the Piglet as she realized too late...
that she was my target...

and once again... vile names were heaped on my head...
[if cat curses "counted"...I'd be in Purgatory forever...]

and then...



Miz Fluff... laying just like this...[gloating...]

sure that now I had Piglet...
I wouldn't want her too...

so she was NOT pleased to be "boxed"...
and taken to the car with the rest...

all the way there...[about 3 l-o-n-g miles in traffic...]
it was..." NOOOOO...I want to go home !..."
and "Why do I have to go ?"...
along with stony silence from the Piglet...

I arrived, parked, carried in Pigs & Fluff...
set down their boxes amid LOUD dog barking & yipping...
[naturally, from several little dogs...]
as I left them in their boxes while I went to get Sneaks...
I was thinking that all the dog noise was going to freak her out...

returning with an unusually quiet Sneaky...
I was surprised to find...
that all the dogs...
& their noise, were gone...

I waited a bit...
while one lady demonstrated how her dog...
a small, long-haired thing...
would return to her bag on command...
and quietly get in, sitting patiently...
I hadn't even noticed him before...very impressive...

then we went into an exam room...
and N, a tech, came in to do most of what we were there for...
Sneaky was first... I took her out of the cage...
and she snuggled bravely & quietly against my chest...
sitting up and taking it all in...

I got a good grip for the rabies shot...
not even a twitch...
then the chip...[a HUGE needle]
again, no reaction...
then the leukemia booster...[which I know stings...]
that went into the leg muscle...
just the merest of flinches...

no snapping, growling, hissing...
I wanted to say,"who are you...?
and what have you done with Sneaky Pie ?"

impressed, I put her back in her carrier...
and we continued with Fluff...
[rabies shot & nails clipped...she was NOT amused...]
and finally with the Piglet...
[rabies shot... and then waited purring...]

she stopped purring when the vet came in...
[she has a l-o-n-g memory...]
and didn't cooperate when he wanted to look in her mouth...

he finally got a look and was pleased with the healing...
she got pissed and started growling...
so I put her back into the box...
to avoid any further "ugliness" on her part...

back home again...

all the captives freed...

Sneaky to sleep off her 2 injections...
high up on the top of the cat tree...

Piglet released to her back yard...
closely followed by Fluff...
who will return to her nest in the bedroom...
as soon as she feels safe from further indignities...

dog greeted and paid attention to...
and given a "diarrhea pill" in a cat food meatball...
[joy, rapture, bliss...]

the other cats fed...

and now... it is time...
for a real & true peon of praise...
to Miz Sneaky Pie...warrior cat princess...



"Sneaky Pie Hymn"

"Oh Sneaky, brave Sneaky...
you face needles fearlessly...
conquering everything with your brave heart...

nothing can rattle you...
startle or bother you...
with all your wisdom...
and calmness of heart...

needles to left of you...
needles to the right of you...
thermometers behind you...
there's nothing YOU fear...

biting and hatefulness...
malice and pettiness...
spitefulness...
vengefulness...
just not your style...

bravery & courage...
goodness & pity...
grace under pressure...
and bountiful, she...

how can I ever...begin...
to praise her wonderousness...
I'll have to make up new words...
the old ones are not good enough...

oh Sneaky, great Sneaky...
soft gentle cat so fair...
she of silky silver hair...
shining in the sun...

oh Sneaky, wise Sneaky...
cat of the ages she...
and, oh...that she's here with me...
what ever did I do ?

to deserve this most wondrous gift...
that gives my poor life a lift...
that mends every Karma rift...
as through my many sins, I sift...

looking for that thing I did...
perhaps I did it, as a kid...
and allowed me to put in a bid...
for the happiness that I am "amid"...

to bask in catly luminescence...
that brings meaning to my essence...
the marvelous presence that acquiesces...
to deign to spend her time with me...

oh Sneaky Pie, thou cat of legend...
your name will be forever mentioned...
when tales of catly lore are shared...
and catly sainthood sung...

your name will be revered & blessed...
your deeds & wisdom ever honored...
I bless the day you came to me...
oh Sneaky, great & wonderful..."

a-men...

No comments: