Thursday, October 23, 2008

...doggy cuteness & duplicity

I have a couple of "silent movies"...
where the sound didn't get recorded [?]
that I may post someday...
but the barking and yipping was half the fun...



so I sat down to edit a couple of much less playful ones...
into "Doggy Cuteness"....
and I had a visitor...

I had put down some cat food after being visited...
by the "deprived cat society"...
and Creamer, who figured out the higher food station QUICKLY...
was chomping away...

and then...
I had a visit from the "I like cat food, too league"...



after I was finished shooting...
[unfortunately...this would have been "Oscar-worthy"]
Thomas decided to have some food...
so Molly busily [and noisily...]
emptied her new water dish...

then gave me the,"Mom...
I'm still SOOO thirsty" look...
[knowing I'd refill her dish...]

suddenly...my jr high teacher radar twitched...
alerting me to the high probability...
of dastardly doggie motives...

so I said, as I took her dish to the kitchen to fill...
"stay OUT of that cat food..."
she wagged her tail, with a great show of innocence...

I filled the bowl...
and turned around to see Molly...
standing up, paws on the box...

nudging away Thomas...
and slurping down a chunk of cat food...

"MOLLY"...
I said, gently...
scaring poor Thomas who "disappeared"...

she scarfed another hunk o'cat food...
then got all, "Oh Mom... you're just the best..."
trying to lick me with cat food breath...
[I'm really glad I don't feed them that "fishy smelling stuff"]

my "bad dog" comments finally sunk in...
and she looked properly ashamed of herself...
all the while licking her chops...

she's been in & out several times since...
making a point to be all "lovey" to me...
and ignoring the cat food, which is still there...

several other cats have come by for a bite...



and Thomas did come back to check things out...

now I hear the workmen demo-ing the fence...
the sound of demo is actually less annoying...
than the music they're listening to...
it's not country or Mexican...
sounds like head-banger stuff....
so it's time to close the windows...


fence update with pictures...later...


[postscript...
you know who finally got the rest of the cat food...
then wanted their dry food...
has been admonished and is looking properly contrite...
we'll see how long THAT lasts....
maybe...if I hang it from the ceiling...
the cat food...not the dog...]

No comments: