Saturday, October 18, 2008

...doggy conundrum

3:06 AM

her: "wake up Mom... I need to go out..."

me: "mmmmpf... go back to sleep..."

her: "NOW... I NEED to go NOW..."

me: "it's TOO early..."

her: "ooo... a cat! GET AWAY FROM OUR HOUSE !...MOM !!!"

me: "OK, OK...I'm coming..."[as I try to put leg in my sweatshirt...]

out we go... DEAD DARK... and SO still...
she's full of energy and wants to run...
we get halfway to the corner...

oops.. here comes a car...
3 AM ?...well...it is Friday night...
I am NOT comfortable being out here at this hour...
and this car is scaring me...going a bit slow...

back home we move...quickly...
I "encourage" her to "go"...

*nothing*

we go back inside...
she's quiet... I go back to bed...

her: "there's that cat again, Mom..."

me: "be still...go to sleep..."

her: "you...outside... go away..."

me: "MOLLY... GO TO SLEEP..."

her: "but MOM..."

me: "GO TO SLEEP"

her: "awwww...alright...I don't ever have any fun..."

5:00 AM...on the dot...

rumble, thud...rattle...
sounds like Gracie is jumping on the "loose" toilet again...
then it starts...

her: "HEY, YOU... YEAH,...YOU... GET OUT OF OUR YARD !"[rattle...]

me: "Molly !..."[realizing that she is in the bathroom...I get dressed...]

her: "Yeah ?...YOUR Mama ! you trespasser !"

me: "MOLLY..."[emerging half dressed from the bedroom...]

her: "OH...you're up ! well let's go out then...I GOTTA go BAD !...]

so out we go...into the still night time, but not so scary world...



down to the corner...
where she doesn't want to turn around & come back...
but since she pulled me that far...
wants the whole walk...

sorry Molly...NOT at 5 AM...

we took a "whole walk" around 8:30 PM...
she did a good sized dump then...
and she has never "dumped" 2 walks in a row...

so I practically drag her back towards home...
2nd yard...she suddenly squats..."dropping a load"...
when she's done...we go a few steps...
and she does it again...

this time...straining & grunting...
she drops some more... then acting as if she hurts...
slowly moves out of her crouch...
then squats and pees...

then she shakes herself...
her usual way of saying,"I'm done..."
and we come back in...

she's acting hungry...
so I put down crunchies...
and put a little stew on it...

what she always eats...
on her dish...
where she always eats...

then the weirdness begins...

she looks at it...
then at me ...as if waiting for a signal...
so I push it towards her & encourage her...

then, she always eats...

NOT today...

she uses her nose to push at the dish...
not only pushing it away...
but trying to dump it over...

the dish was clean & empty...
but I put the food on a new plate...

she does the same thing...

I put crunchies on top of the food...
thinking that there may be a "stew" issue...
same result...



so I put new crunchies on a clean plate...

she sniffs it...doesn't try to dump it...
but pays no attention to it...
unless a cat comes too close...
then she guards it... doesn't eat...
doesn't growl... just "hovers"...



yesterday...it was this....

today...



this...

if she hasn't eaten when I get up again...
MUCH later...
I guess I should take her to the vet...
she doesn't feel hot...
she was eating & drinking fine last night...

she was even a bit playful this AM...
I'm confused...

and people think cats are a puzzle...

No comments: