Monday, October 20, 2008

...just one "cat"-astrophy after another

I guess with all the attention Molly has been getting...
"they"...[the kitties...] decided to reassert themselves...

the first "incident"was revenge...pure & simple...

even after the "bribe" ["Sneaky Pie Song"] post...
which was moderately effective...
I could tell something was "up"...
[you live with cats long enough, you just know...
like teaching jr high...you can feel it coming...]


so when she caught me listening to accordiaen music...
[Celtic spelling...]
[the Minka song...] I was t-o-a-s-t...
[with anchovy spread...]

in the middle of the night I found this...



and this...



it had not only been a new roll...just put on...
but it had been ravaged earlier...
and I had laboriously re-rolled almost all of it...

so she had such fun...ravaging it AGAIN...

creating the same mess...twice...in one day..
quite an accomplishment for MizEvil...

and who did it ?
MacSneaky Pie...
the Mystery Cat...



don't let her protestations of innocence fool you...
I've actually seen her...
sitting on the seat...
gleefully "unrolling" away...

our 2nd cat-astrophy was quite a bit more serious...
but ended well...because I heard & responded quickly...



Miz Fluff somehow got tangled in the cord...
that operates the mini blinds...
[if you look, top left side...
you can see the rose colored tip of the cord...]

I was at the computer when I heard a cat crying...
it was a "help" call...
and got louder & more urgent with each cry...

I got up to investigate...
eventually tracking the sound to the bedroom door...
I opened the door...
and saw her...
hanging upside down off the dresser...

the cord was around her tummy...
& caught on her hips...
there was no way to get any leverage...
to pull herself out of it...

realizing her predicament...
I rushed to her...
lifting her as gently as possible...
unwrapping the cord...
and freeing the Fluff...

she seemed OK...I set her down on the bed...
to watch her walk...which she did OK...
while I tied up the stupid cord...
to avoid further entanglements...

she was a bit flustered...
as you might well imagine...
and went to have a drink...
& a bite... to settle her nerves...
I gave her a hug...
which she didn't appreciate...
[assuring me that she was just fine...]

so I went back to my computer...
really glad that I had been so close...

when I first moved here...
Max, who was an old boy by then...
[20 & quite frail...]
having lived with me in Chicago...
had tried to climb a fence outside...
and gotten stuck the same way...

I didn't find him until it was too late...
old kitties don't hang upside down very long...
too hard on their hearts...
so I'm SO glad I could rescue the Fluff...

it's always good when the only thing injured ...
is their dignity...

2 comments:

Miz Minka said...

Miz Sneaky Pie's loyal fans would love to see a video demonstrating her toilet-paper-unrolling skills... :D (Ha! Ha ha!)

catsinger said...

...the one time I caught her "in the act"...
I, of course, "admonished" her...
[in a quiet, calm manner...OK...
I hollered...and she was a bit POed]
so now she is careful to "ravage & unroll" when she has "privacy"...
[ie can't be caught....]
sly, subtle feline that she is...
BTW...my next post[# 400 !] will be a "for real" peon of praise for Sneaks...[no snarkiness...really...]