Tuesday, October 28, 2008

...another busy day [for me, anyway...]



no workmen yet today...
so there it sits...2/3 done...

this morning I had a "help" email from DD...
re "music POP"[permanently out of print]...
so I went to the church to make some totally legal copies...
[when something is POP, all "bets" are off...]
and send them on their way to Warsaw...

it sidetracked me from the chores I needed to do here...
and I was glad to be sidetracked...

the chiropractor session yesterday really worked...
and as always, the day "after"...
the burning grip of that pain goes...
[especially if I've had it for days...]
I'm tired and very sleepy...

so after Molly & I went to the church...
[delighting Square Peg by meeting Molly..]
making the copies and visiting a bit...
we came home...

I left Molly to "guard & protect" the felines...
[she is SOOOOO funny about "protecting"...]
I have a cat tree by the door...
with a cat bed on the lowest shelf...
about 18" off the floor...
looking right out the French door window...

I often see Molly sitting in it
when I am unlocking the front door...
after being gone...

it's a good sized cat bed...
but still too small for her to do more than sit in...
it is, however, her catbird seat...
and it's really funny to see her hop into & out of it...
in her excitement to see my return...

so I went to mail my package for DD, mail my "ballot"...
and stop by Discount Pet on the way home...

I had bought 2 cases of canned food for Molly...
on Oct.2... that she won't eat now...
she ate the first can...
but has since made it clear...
she really doesn't like it...
[of course...cat food is SOOO much tastier...]

E let me return it, even though I didn't have a receipt...

smart man...

I left with 3 20lb bags of dry cat food...
1 40lb bag of dry dog food...
3 flats of canned cat food...in smaller cans...
[I'm smarter than I might appear...
no left-overs... less chance for Molly to scarf it...]
a large [55 lbs] plastic storage bin for dog food...
3 bags of cat treats...
[the others have disappeared, mysteriously...]
and a bag of pig's ears...

Mom used to not want to give her dogs pigs ears...
because they would immediately chew them up...
I used to say,"Mom...that's what they're for...
to chew up"...

she still didn't like it...
I think she wanted them to "save" them...
and savor them...
like she used to do with candy...
driving her brother crazy...
because he always ate his...
while she saved hers...

for all the "dog" person traits she possessed...
that... was her most feline quality...
and for some reason, as much as she liked dogs...
she never got that about them...
that most are greedy gulpers where food is involved...

anyway...

having returned home with my stash...
I unloaded the car...and brought it inside...
such fun...carrying a 40 lb bag with kitties in your way...
and a happy dog "greeting" you...

so I set up the dog food storage canister & filled it...
mixing the old with the new bag...
[same formula, smaller bits...they were out of her regular...]
and adding in the left-over puppy formula from the first night...
mixing it together & putting some in the dish...
[Molly hasn't touched it, but Thomas had some...]

then I carried in the dry cat food...
[Adult,indoor & Senior]
mixed them together, filled cat dishes...
it's taken 2 hours for Thomas to be interested...

then brought in the flats of smaller cans...
and the kitty treats...
to refill the treat ball...

which inspired this video...
[notice who crashes...]
Mattie's the "palomino"one...
Frick & MJ are doing the Halloween Black Cat thing...
they are always black...
they just get their "15 mins" now...

because they are smart enough to figure out the treat ball...
[Chinese design too much for most American cats...hee,hee]
and because it's almost All Hallows' Eve...




just returned from another "quick trip" to the church...
music for MizYBee & an excuse for her to meet Molly...

no fence activity today...

it's late...so I better get busy...
or I'll be sorry tomorrow...

or maybe I'll just take a nap..

decisions, decisions...

No comments: