Monday, October 27, 2008

...the "northern lights"

it began around October 1...
slowly...just lights at first...



here captured at 0-dark:30 while walking Molly...
on October 13...yes, the lights are on 24/7...
I know this because I see them from my bedroom window...
[if you doubt this... look at the 4th picture...
see the windows on the brick house...
behind the pillar with the pumpkins ?
those are my bedroom windows...]


my new neighbors to the north are "decorators"...


by last night, around 9:30 PM...
more things have been added...



there isn't [yet] the "nuclear winter glow" in my bedroom...
that UnklePhil's Christmas lights often bring to my kitchen...
but then Halloween is a "darker" celebration...

in the light of day...
details become clearer...



the chalk body outline on the driveway...
the cemetery and skeletons on the lawn...



the real jack o'lanterns perched on a bale of straw...
[4 of them...hand carved...]
the spider webs...
and crime scene tape...
festooning the porch...
the scary mask in the window...

and then...
there are the graves...



this one has obviously been pilfered...



and this ghoul wants "out"...



maybe RIP here means, "Rest In Pieces"...
[and yes... those ARE lights... orange ones...]



I just hope that Tiger, their kitten...
doesn't get a "black cat dye-job"...


as for me this Halloween...
I will be recuperating from the "procedure"...
[see "Oh Goodie" post if you want too much information...]



so this will be "off"...


I just can't wait for Christmas season...
I'll probably not have to turn on any lights...
anywhere...anytime...
nor will I have to decorate...
[not that I've ever put up lights...]

and people "dropping by"...

will just have to "follow the glow"...

No comments: