Monday, October 27, 2008

...a happy, "legal" dog



Molly's a pretty happy dog these days...
especially when I forget and leave canned cat food...
in a place that she can reach...
which is just about anyplace...

[hmmmmmmm... I'm going to have to work on that...]

but today she has even more to be happy about...
[besides her "unplanned" snack, that is...]

I went to Mudville Animal Control and got her licensed...



here she is sporting the 3 tags[license, chip tag & rabies...]
it took a while for me to get all 3 on the ring...
and then the collar...

she got real excited when I put it on her...
[in retrospect...she was just probably glad that I hadn't yet noticed...
the "licked clean" cat food plate on the floor...]

as depressing as the visit to MAC was...
[you DON'T want to know...]
it was really cool that the renewal of the licenses...
for Piglet & Fluff...
AND new licenses for Sneaky Pie & Molly...
cost me only $25.00 !
[anyone over 55 gets a break as do owners of neutered animals...
so it was only $6.25 each... !]

I stopped at the dry cleaners to retrieve my down comforter...
it cost $27.75...

I guess the critters "warm" a different place...
than the comforter does...

but they are both "good things"...


so today...like everyday...
Molly has thanked me profusely...
for her bed & board... kitties to herd...
cat food to sneak... toys to chew...
walks to take at all hours...
a house to guard...& a person to love...
who loves her back...
[cat food breath & all...]



and she would also like to thank...
her God Mom & Dad...
Miz Minka & Mr Greenthumb...
for keeping her from ending up in a place...
like the one I visited today...

thanks guys...
from both of us...

No comments: