Tuesday, October 7, 2008

...stuck on band-aids, not...



here's my latest "pretty dog picture"...
but if you paid attention earlier today...
you just might be thinking...
"wait...what's not quite right here...?"

[hint...bandage color...]



this was this morning...when the bandage was "aqua"...
before it got all bunched-up and started to hurt her...
I reached in to try & straighten it...
touched her incision, which was drippy again...
and she yelped in pain...

this was, of course, after returning from the store...
at 4:45 PM [the vet goes home at 5-ish,5:30 at the latest...]
so I called & told them I was coming & why...
they said, "no problem..."

I went the "back way" & made it just before 5...
the vet techs took her in the back...
then there was a series of LOUD heart-rending squeals & yelps of distress...
that MM & Mr GT may have heard in "the sleepy village" to the north...

suddenly... the shrieking stopped...
a couple of minutes later...she re-emerged...
resplendent in "pink"...wagging her tail...
[my least favorite color...
but it compliments the collar...
it's at the very least, better than the "aqua"]

I'm to bring her back Friday AM at the latest for a change...
they used a non-stick pad this time...
one of the techs told me that when Molly was carrying-on...
she said to the dog,"Molly, no..."
and she stopped...

the tech was impressed...
I wish I could take credit for her "training"...
but it's all her, smart pooch that she is...

we also discussed the fact...
that I would be leaving her alone tomorrow...
for a good part of the day...
as it's another "driving MizYBee day"...
and that her bandage may get "messed-up again...
so the tech said bring her in Thursday if you need to...

Miz YBee wants me to bring Molly with us...
dogophile that she is...
I think that it would be too much stress for the dog...
so she's staying home...

it might be different if we'd been together for a while...
& she wasn't recovering from surgery...

up to this point...I hadn't mentioned that this vet trip...
happened with my 3 bags of groceries still in the car...
nothing frozen, no meat, some veggies...
some cans...nothing perishable, fortunately...

so we got home...I let Molly go over to the grass...
she sniffed around, but didn't do anything...
so I put her inside while I unloaded the car...
and filled the new water bowl I got for the outside...
[I am such a patsy for furry faces...]

inside, I put down food for both...
and quickly put away my groceries...
then called Molly & out we went...
for the walk I knew she was wanting...

it was almost a jogging pace at first...
I was fighting a cramp in my left thigh...
and when she zigged around a tree unexpectedly...
I almost ran into it...

suddenly she stopped...
squatted and peed for about a minute...
that accomplished...she didn't slow down...
but continued her quest...at warp speed...

until right at the edge of the "circle"...she found it...
that dump spot she'd obviously needed for a couple of days...
and proceeded to do her thing...again... & again...
all I could think of was...
"why didn't I remember the plastic bags?"

after leaving a pile the size of Rhode Island...
we continued on about 20 feet...
suddenly she stops, squats and drops some more...
in the middle of the sidewalk...
which I deftly kick into the gutter...

tomorrow, we'll go the same way & I'll retrieve it...

walking MUCH s-l-o-w-e-r now...
and with a great sense of release...
we complete our walk and return to the house...
after a BIG drink from the new outside water bowl...
which guarantees a late night sorteé...

I just hope that the pad part of the bandage...
that seemed to be working it's way out...
will stay put tonight...
and that the bandage won't bunch up again...
or it'll be a very early [7:30] trip tomorrow...
back to the vets for another bandage "application"...

No comments: