Tuesday, September 30, 2008

...day 5 of the Piglet Captivity



"day 5" in Piglet's "captivity....

she seems better...

has been eating...

but REALLY wants OUT...

she sits in the window...staring out...
then sighs...looks at me...
pitifully, hoping against hope...
sometimes making the most heart-rending plea for freedom...
[if cats could shed tears...she would be...]

I've held her and tried to explain...
but her sorrow is deep...
and I'd have to give her too much meds...
too really knock her out now...

she's been grooming herself...
and yesterday, it was Advantage day...
so it's grooming, not flea chasing...

they told me 5 to 7 days...
inside... on pain meds...
and today is day 5...
so tomorrow is Freedom Day...

I can still give her pain med at night...
if she needs it...
but I think she's doing OK...
she doesn't act like she's in pain...

that is ...other than the obvious pain...
of her forced incarceration...

so tomorrow AM...I'll give her her antibacterial medicine...
and change from rotten Pharaoh...
to Moses...

and let my Piglet go !!!

No comments: