Wednesday, September 10, 2008

...one door closes...another opens



well... now there is a whole different kind of delay...

a couple of the "subs"refused the job...
because of my cats...
[the odor was bad that morning...
but they all got here before I could remedy the problem...]

the plumber had "no problem"...
[I knew I liked that guy..]
the "general" had noticed the cat smell...
when he came before... but it didn't bother him...

since they are a "union shop"...
they can't do it...

one guy claimed to have been sick for 2 days...
I find that a bit much...
especially when it didn't bother the plumber at all...

I'm sure it didn't help when Gracie & Sneaky Pie...
pestered the other sub...
I could tell that he didn't like cats...
AT ALL...

so the "general" came to discuss options...

there is a very reliable non-union contractor...
that he knows and recommends...
so he's going to call him...
the plumber is good to go...
and the other subs would be non-union...
[aka "less expensive"...]

hopefully... this can all be worked out...

the "general" came in and said...
that he could smell the kitties...
but that it wasn't anywhere...
as bad as it was the other day...
but at this point...
the non-union guy is my only option...

I could smell it the other day...
I can't smell anything today...

so my problem is finding the source...
of the odor problem...
and eliminating it...

the "general" is a cat lover...
and uses the same vet as I do...
and just recently lost their last remaining cat...
so we had some "Dr Kind Eyes" stories to share...

I'm not sure what to do next...

cleaning-up a problem that you can see or smell...
is much easier than trying to discern...
the source of a problem you can't smell...
so I almost don't know where to start...

I guess that I'll just have to assume that everywhere...
is a problem...and go from there...


needless to say...

this may take a while...

No comments: