Sunday, September 21, 2008

...pleasant Sunday

I always hear people speak of Sunday...
as the day they sleep in...
spend long hours over the papers...
a leisurely breakfast... or even brunch...
a day spent with family...relaxing...

I remember having Sundays like that...
generally between "church jobs"...



it's different now...
I still have obligations & duties...
music to prepare & perform...
Psalms to chant...rehearsals to lead...
[and remember to end on time...
no dismissal bell here...]

but unlike those other "church jobs"...
there is no place I'd rather be on Sunday morning...
and no other people I'd rather be with...



for our choir...this was our 2nd Sunday "back"...
our first rehearsal after church a couple of weeks ago...
instantly "snapped" me back...bringing a big smile to my face...
the joy of singing with this responsive & talented group...
is beyond nearly any other "group" experience I've had...
[and there have been some amazing ones...]

so after another warm & familiar service...
emphasizing how God will provide all we need...
and a rehearsal where much was accomplished...
we all made our ways on towards the rest of our day...

some had family plans...
some would stop at groceries and such on the way home...
some would go out for lunch...
I came home to write this...

first...I went into the back yard to check out my patch...
the trowel had fallen out of place...
but the clamp was still there...
I took it away... et, voila... it works !



and if there is any problem...



I'll just nail this pie pan over the outside...
to keep out the wet...[glue,you know...]



by the way...if you live near Mudville...
and need any potting supplies...
I might be able to "hook you up"...

[sigh...]

and this is AFTER tossing all the old broken pots...
and all the ones that plants "came in"...


you may remember this bed corner area near the garage...



now that it's clean... it looks like this...



cyclamen [red & white]... some creeping thyme...
catmint...[strangely enough, unmolested] garlic chives...

and to the right...



the 5 gal. gardenia replacement for the one in the front...
I have to wait for the creeper to lose it's leaves...
before I can dig out the dead one...



immediately opposite the gardenia to the north...
my next "target" mess...

this pile includes fountain/birdbath pumps...
planting bed designs... wooden pathways...
several wire carts...
a number of red anagazanthus that need planting...
and junk that has migrated from other piles...
that are now cleaned up...

but tomorrow is soon enough for that...

today...being Sunday...I'm going to "rest"...
and relish this...



the clean[again] driveway...[thanks to GotJunk...]

I'll find my Excedrin...
and my water bottle...

and sit in the back while I listen to the Giants game...

hummm... there WAS a cold Dos Exquis...
and I have some marinaded lamb to grill...



and then this evening...
I could take the new rocker...
for an extended test ride...

I love Sunday...

No comments: