Monday, September 1, 2008

...the quest



this is NOT me...

I couldn't assume the "lotus" position if there was $$ involved...
but I am or I WAS, pretty close to that size...
this time last year... a few pounds ago...

at first, it was relatively simple...
not eating much... walking a bit...
losing weight...and eventually, inches...
don't ask how many...I didn't measure...

I was wearing BIG clothes...that weren't loose...

now, I'm in clothes 2-3 sizes smaller...

but the weight loss has slowed... and stalled...
for the last 3 months...



not wanting to stop at this point...
and beginning to be concerned...
[OK...scared... happy now ?]

I turned to a reliable source for advice...
someone who has quietly encouraged & supported me...
from the beginning of this journey...
a wise and insightful person...
seeming always to know just what to say...and how...

and even though I've been encouraged & supported...
by others as the loss began to show...
and I do appreciate the show of support I've received...

I find myself, at this point of stagnancy...
again seeking encouragement...
and advice from that reliable source...

and after getting some advice & encouragement...
as well as some "different things to do"...
I am feeling much more hopeful...

as well as wondering, "why didn't I think of that ?"

but then, that's why God puts certain people in our lives...
to help us find the hidden potential in ourselves...
and to encourage us in ways we'd never dare to imagine...

besides... distance always helps perspective...



after reaffirming my choices to "eat healthy"...
I decided to try eating less...
I don't eat a lot...not ALL the time...
but if I watch it...
and try to be better about regular meals...
that should help...



after sharing that my current "route" was .68 of a mile...
I shared that I had tried to "ramp it up"...
but had to back off due to pain...

at this point...
with what is best described, as an evil gleam in her eye...
my "reliable source" told me that my eventual goal...
should be to walk 5 miles a day...

when I pointed out how much time it would take...
at my present rate, I was "reminded" that I'm retired...
and have LOTS of time...

but then, of course she's right...
[she generally is... about these things...]
that's why I value her perspective...
[evil gleam, and all...]

I DO have time... and I CAN do this...
[where's my Excedrin ?]



it was also suggested that I drink more water...

I use these bottles [1.5 L]...
and refill them from my RO water filtered faucet...
and then...I realized that my water consumption...
has dropped off in the last month or so...
from an average of 2-3 [1.5 L] bottles per day...
down to 1-2... at the most....

so this is something I can easily do...
I just have to remember...



I'm going to try to blend in a little more aerobic movement...
to increase my flexibility ...



I have a couple of dumbbells...
so I can do some light weight training too...

so... with increased walking...
decreased food intake...
[a food diary is probably a good idea...]
increased water intake...[see above...]
and some light aerobics & weight training...
I'm hoping to get the scales moving downward again...

I think that eventually, though...
I'll just have to bite the bullet...
and join a gym or buy a weight training machine...



though THIS...
is probably out of the question...

No comments: