Saturday, September 6, 2008

...Heigh, Ho, clutter... away !

I achieved consciousness around 0:dark-thirty...
and went back to sleep...
waking with a start at 7:45 AM...

and after a good 2 hours of sorting...
sweating, carrying heavy stuff...
digging through the garage ...
as well as various "pack rat dens"...

I had assembled this....



clutter... junk... trash...
any way you look at it...

from the front...



or from the back...

it's still "debris"...
[notice the "large chunk o'tree...]

and it's going... today...!!!




this stuff has some value...
and in some cases is very "lightly used"...
perfect for the Delta Mudville Humane Society Fall Rummage sale...



and some of it they will use at the shelter...

this stuff, however is trash...



it is broken, torn, used up, dirty beyond cleaning...
it's going to the big "pile", elsewhere...

'cause it's been here too long already...

and then, there's my firewood...



I'll just get a new tarp...
consolidate & cover the cord I have left...
and be ready for cozy fires this winter...
[now that I can get to it ...
without doing bodily harm to myself...]



finally...[they were about 45 minutes late...]
the DMHS folks arrived...
loaded up all the "too good to throw away" stuff...
and were on their way...



leaving me with just the trash/junk...
but the GotJunk guys had called earlier...
and warned me that they would be a bit later...
than the "appointment window"...

BTW... I have used GotJunk several times...
they are very punctual & polite...
they keep you informed at every step, re time, cost, etc...
you can schedule a pick-up, as I did...
on the web & save $10.00 off the total...
they also sweep up the area & haul it away...

I recommend them highly...
and so does everyone I know who has used them..




so after watering "everything"...

visiting with several neighbors...
& warning them of the impending influx of contractor vehicles...

and assuring a couple of earnest Jehova's Witnesses...
that I did know Jesus... and was saved...

I scrounged some lunch...
[turkey frozen...no sandwich...
Ensure, crackers & water...yumm]

and waited...

sitting on the front porch...

in the gathering "warm"...

and the escalating humidity of "just watered plants"...

getting up to plant a couple of 4" plants into a pot...

getting back up to replace the petunias[aka snail salad bar]...
with the red & white begonias

moving the old petunia pot to the lemon tree...

maybe some mums... or more begonias are good too...

where are those guys ?...

wait...



here they are...



and there they go...

went right past... didn't even slow down...

they should know where I live...

they've been here before...
[it has always been the same two guys...]

OK... so they went around the "circle"...

now they're coming back...



why are they stopping there ?

"HELLO... THIS IS THE PLACE !"

it's NOT the same guys...
and they wanted to give me an estimate first...

OK...I'll play along...

"sounds good...yes, you can back in..."



finally...



they get all the junk, trash & leaf litter...
into the truck...

including the L-A-R-G-E tree limb...
that was a storm casualty last December...
it was at least 12' long...with a 6" girth...
now it's dry and light...
in December...it was heavy...
I hurt myself moving it...



so... as I bid "good riddance" to the trash...
I turn to "bask" in glory of a clean driveway...




ahhhhhhhh.....

No comments: