Thursday, September 25, 2008

...floating



floating... in the stillness...

I can see the gentle turning of the glass wind chime...
as it joins the leaves in their subtle swaying...
as the breath of the marine layer insinuates itself into the morning...

like the fog...when it comes on cat's feet...
the mere stirring in the air currents...
of the cooler, damper air...
comes in utter silence...

last week, the fall breezes brought song after song...
to the assembled wind chimes...
the blue jay screeched his verses...
and the trees joined in for the chorus...

today...the stillness is broken by the hum of my computer...
the distant garbage truck claiming its' spoils...
the gurgle of the cat water fountain...
my lovely clock striking "3 quarters past the hour..."

but I'm floating...

brain swathed in the murky befuddlement of fever...
but at that point... where I've ceased to rail against it...
I've embraced it...have allowed myself to "be sick"...
so that I may "be well"...

as an intoxicated person always believes them self to be glib...
in control... entertaining...& lovable...
this fever has intoxicated me and I am at peace....

floating...as in warm waters...

unconcerned with the reasons for my buoyancy...
just content to float...and be...

and while the world seems to hold it's breath...
as God touches my fevered brow with His cooling fingers...
healing my body as well as my soul...
I am thankful for His love and care..

I think of my Piglet kitty...
in surgery even as I write this...
and pray that this procedure will give her lasting relief...
and I'm grateful that Lacy has stopped sneezing...
and seems much better today...

and for all those blessings...
the ones I see... and the ones I don't...
I am.. so grateful...

God is so good...

No comments: