Monday, September 29, 2008

...crime & punishment

I think I'm finally "over" what ever had it's claws into me...
I'm "officially" taking things easy...
but a "lost" week of NOT taking care of business...
has left me with a LOT of stuff to do...

I have to call tomorrow to reschedule the haircut...
that I just completely slept through on Friday...

and pay the couple of bills I still get in the mail...
I can PAY on-line...but I still receive paper statements...

and then... there are the "love notes"...

WAMU informed me that as of October 15, 2008...
they are "closing my credit card account"...
[and in the same letter...
urged me to use it before that date...
no wonder they needed a bail-out...]

I actually have 2 WAMU credit cards...
neither of which I've used for a long time...
both of which have had a zero balance for over a year...

ironically...I attempted to close both of these accounts...
and was told to jump through so many hoops...I gave up...
so as far as I'm concerned...this can't happen soon enough...
and here's the best part... ready ?

today...I got the monthly envelope from WAMU...
containing the "checks to access my credit account"...
the one they're closing for "inactivity"...
and...guess who bought WAMU...?
Chase... the holder of my 2nd...

is it Karma ? or just the universe getting even... ?

HA !

Mudville PD is charging me $72 because my alarm went off...
[the bedroom door was "opened" by guess who...while I was out...]
since then...I've been very careful to check the bedroom door...
before I set the alarm...

my dental insurance is NOT paying what I thought they would...
they consider the reconstruction of my front teeth...
to be "cosmetic" because resin was used...
and so...I owe another $350...
[I'll owe $750 for the upcoming crown...]



and then... there's the speed trap ticket I got last month...
$287... if I go to traffic school, it's $40 more...
and whatever that costs...[turned out to be $28...]
but traffic school is better than "points"...
and higher insurance rates...



once...years ago [probably 10...]
I got a speeding ticket within months of a fender-bender...
I got the warning letter from DMV...
and the "Traffic School" offer...

I couldn't go to court, where I would have probably won...
so I investigated "on-line traffic school"
and one Christmas vacation day... spent about 6 hours on-line...
and got the ticket dismissed...

so when I got the ticket... a couple of days ago...
when I was too sick to deal with it...
I put it in my computer desk to deal with today...

going to the issuing county's website...
I found that I could pay the fine online...
as well as sign-up for and complete traffic school...
after paying my fine/t.s.fee...
I was shown a list of schools...
and after a bit of investigation...
chose "gotaticket.com...



it only cost $28 dollars...
including sending me a copy of my completion certificate...
[the issuing county requires me to send it to them...]
so I've just spent about 5 hours...

reading...taking 5 quizzes...
[I missed 1 question 3 times...and 0 questions 2 times...]
and getting a 100% on my final test....[I'm SO proud...]
[good thing it wasn't algebra... ]

so now...I only have to wait for the Certified letter...
so I can send it in...and I'm done...
and well before the Dec. 9 deadline...

and now I need to go "mail" the other ex$pen$ive bills...

Piglet's been hiding under the bed...
and been really cranky...
perhaps she needs some more pain med...

and then...there's the rest of the mess...

sigh...

No comments: