Monday, September 15, 2008

...taming the backyard,1.2



this is where I "started" this morning...
the lime tree needed to be put on a movable cart...
and tons of leaves needed to be raked away from the house...
empty pots and saucers needed to be sorted...
the gas meter needed to be cleared...
[it's to the left of the blue tarp...]



I understand that they will be installing a new one...
so they can read it from the street... [cool...]
my electric meter is new... so it could be "changed over"...
the gas meter is ancient...so it'll be replaced...



besides the "ton o'leaves" next to the house...
the patio area was full of empty pots...
more leaves... "creeper" vines...
dead stuff... and...[you guessed it...]
MORE LEAVES...



so after an hour or so of sweating & sneezing...
[allergies, you know...]
I had managed to not only remove the leaves[ah-choo...]
but I sorted a bunch of pots & saucers...
along with other gardening stuff...
and stored it in/under the potting bench...
and the old computer desk from my classroom...



clearing the gas meter and the pile from 2 days ago...

I also moved the fig tree, over by the Mandarin orange tree...
and moved some big containers around...
making room for the lime tree on the edge of the patio...
where it will get more sun...



after moving all the empty pots off the patio...
trimming the blood orange & tangerine...
and cutting back a bunch of creeper...
I was able to sweep/push the leaves off to the side...
cleaning them out from under the table & chairs...

leaving me with this...



I guess I'll have to get some leaf bags...

No comments: