Tuesday, September 23, 2008

...got cats ?

this morning...I was out of cat food...

not for everybody...but for Piglet & Fluff...
the Fancy Feast cupboard was "bare"...
[this may NOT seem like much to you...
but I SLEEP with them...
and "hell hath NO fury..."]

watch this...you'll understand VERY quickly...
since "embedding was "disabled"...
please go to http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JWFockl-rbY
[I'm sorry...it WILL NOT let me link either...
this is the "Got Milk?" catlady commercial...]

so now you know why even though I'm fighting some virus...
I got up...got dressed...
and dragged myself over to Discount Pet...

and after "awwwing" at the pictures of kittens for free...
I got a cart and made the rounds...

I got Tidy Cat litter...
[2 16 lbers, 2 35 lbers{on sale !}]

Fancy Feast...
[3 cases "chicken feast", 3 cases "turkey feast"]

6 packs of cat treats...
[because MM gave my gang a treat dispensing ball...]

and 2 catnip toys...
[because a "tweaked-out kitty", is a "happy kitty"...

I had all of this in my cart...
the 2 big litter pails stacked 2 high...
and was headed for the check-out...
when an earnest young lady rushed over to me...
looked at the 102 lbs of litter...
[especially the big one, on top of the other big one]

and said in a rather astounded, but also patronizing tone...
"My...did you lift all that in by yourself ?"

snarkily... I replied," yes...I had NO problem doing it..."

[her, still a bit patronizing]
"Well, I guess that's how you get in your workout"

[me, "snarkiness now dripping from every syllable]...
"you have no idea all the ways I "get in my workout"...
[showing most of my teeth... and batting my eyes...]

she chuckled...[oblivious...]

I chuckled back...[smiling, while trying to stifle the "snark"...]

thinking..."yeah.... just because there's gray in the hair...
crowsfeet on the face & fat on my butt...
doesn't mean that I'm helpless or inept..."

after paying [ARGH] and assuring her I could manage to load my car...

I went home...feeling a bit shaky from the virus...
[a little feverish, nauseous, headache, tired...]
which now occupied my attention...
since I wasn't preoccupied with being "macho"...
and schlepped it all on to the porch...

I carried the 2 35 lbers at the same time...
[I AM woman... hear me roar...]

[I'm going to bring it in after I "rest" a bit...]



I did however, bring in the bag with the treats to put in the ball...
AND the 2 cat toys...



while I was filling the treat ball toy...
I had a lot of "company"...
[the rattle of treats can be the "sirens song"...]
so I distracted them with a couple of scoops of this...


[notice who's snooping...?]

I got a sample in a litter pail...and they LOVED it...
it seems to be healthy...
[it has cranberries in it...]
and it hasn't caused widespread barfing or the runs...
[a change in diet can do that BIG TIME...]

so I filled the treat ball...



and rolled it on the floor...

they were startled... then investigated...

since not much had fallen out...
I opened the "hole" more...
and rolled it again...




Mattie, who has NEVER met a cat treat he didn't love...
came because of the "rattle"...
and after I shook some out...
began to get the idea...

I've been hearing the rattle...
of the hard knobby plastic ball on the hardwood floors...
as I've been writing this...

and will probably hear it A LOT MORE...
and AT NIGHT...ALL NIGHT LONG...

[thanks MM... I can hear you laughing...]

hummmmm...




Lucyfur was quick to pounce on one of the cat toys...
she's let me know that life has been BORING lately...
so I tossed it in her direction first...
Sneaky Pie, as ALWAYS... was "right there"...



and the moment Lucyfur's interest was diverted to the treat ball...
Sneaky Pie swooped in...grabbed the toy...
and just had to show it off...

Thomas, as usual... was having NONE of her shenanigans
I intervened BEFORE the fight began...


back when I was in the office, filling the treat ball...
I had both catnip toys setting on top of the cases of canned food...
Creamer ascended from her lair on high and snagged one...
drooling & carrying on something awful...
so I had tossed it to her...
up in "Creamer Land"...



when I returned to the office...
she was looking dazed & distraught...
I quickly saw the reason...
and returned her "fallen" toy to her aerie...
and watched as she happily resumed her play...

until I noticed this...



a jealous Gracie...glaring at Creamer...

I intervened here too...

and SO far... there's been peace....

at the moment...I can just see the tip...
of the sated Creamer's paw...
as she naps away her catnip hangover...

Gracie is sitting on the kitchen counter...
her new favorite perch...

waiting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see how the german treat ball is finally making some cats happy and keeps them busy...:) My cat was never interested, maybe because I have carpet everywhere - so no rattle to go with it. :)

catsinger said...

hi lil' sis... yes...the German treat ball is a big hit here... all my floors are wood... so lots of rattle...thanks for sending it to big sis...and finally to me... :)