Friday, September 5, 2008

...hold on to your hardhats, 1.1

I had originally planned to get up at 6 AM...

but after hearing the clock chime 3 AM...
while trying to get to sleep with really achy hands...
[too much sanding & scraping...]
I wasn't too surprised to see that it was almost 8...
when I regained consciousness...

so much for getting a 2nd coat of black on the frame...
and getting it dry, before the sc/cw arrives...

shaking the grogginess from my brain...
I got dressed and hurried to do what I could...

after chasing Sneaky Pie off of the frame...
where she was sleeping...
["keeping guard", as she assured me...]
I was relieved to see that it was dry before she "took up her post"...
and that there was no cat hair embedded in the frame finish...

using a pretty dry brush, I used just enough paint...
to smooth out the lines and cover the last traces of brown stain...
and I put it in a "cat-protected" place to dry...



then sc/cw called...
and I asked him if he had time to look at another problem...

when I had the kitchen, "fixed" in 2004/5...
I bought a floor cabinet w/drawers & a butcher block top...
to help with my counter space & storage problems...

there were issues from the beginning...
and Lowes told me that "the installer" needed to "adjust the drawers"...
the contractor I was using, said that he'd done it...
but the problem persisted...

the top drawer's "bottom piece" wasn't secure...



and the bottom drawer would fall off the track...



so when he got here...sc/cw, after petting Gracie & Lucyfur...
started fixing the kitchen drawers...

he took both out and put a brace underneath each one...
so the bottoms wouldn't bow out...
then he "adjusted" the bottom drawer "track"...
which now works flawlessly...






allowing me to replace ALL my pots in the drawers...
where they belong...
[not stacked on the stove, counter or floor...
and NOT hanging from or setting on the pot rack...
[less clutter...YEA ! ]



so then we moved on to the window re-assembly...



the lower window, with the new chrome hardware in place...
was re-strung with the sash weights...
put in place and the trim replaced...



then the stained glass, with its black frame...
[which will get a couple more coats before permanent placement...]
the little black spacer...[ditto...]
and the sill/apron piece...[ditto, Cameo White...]
so I could get the full effect...
[and this picture...]



before disassembling & storage...
for protection from guys in "destruct mode"...






then... it was on to fax a "partial surrender" form to my TSA company...
[it was either this... or rob a bank...]
strangely enough, no one wanted to buy a cat...
and I have to pay for all this...

SOMEHOW...



I now have to "pack-up" the bath stuff...
and move it into the office or my bedroom...
for the "duration"...

I need to wash dishes... clean the kitchen...
finish the laundry...remake my bed...
[yawn...]
and eat something...

then I need [yawn...] to water outside & inside...
and consider mowing the lawn...
[yawn...] also move porch plants out of harm's way...[yawn...]
and sort through/organize the pile[s] in the driveway...
[yawn..] because the Humane Society people will be here...
TOMORROW... at 10:30 AM for all the "usable" stuff...
[they have a garage sale coming up...] [YAWN...]
AND there's a fair amount of "pet stuff" I don't need anymore..

THEN...between 11:30 and 1:30...the "GotJunk" guys...
will come and haul away the rest...[Y-A-W-N !]
[which means I'll HAVE to get up at the crack of dawn...
[YAAAAWN] to finish de-cluttering the back yard...

and I promised "cookies" for the first choir rehearsal...
[my oatmeal raisin...I may try oatmeal cranberry too...
very healthy, whole grain & organic... and good...]
so I'll be firing up the mixer & the oven for those...

and I need to pick up some flats of cat food to send to "chez vet"...
with the kitties, as well as dry food...

then...
there are these...[yawn...]
[modeled here by Lacy...]



disposable, write-on pet collars...
Lace has had hers on for a couple of weeks...
so now...[yawn...]I need to put them on all of them...

especially Frick & MJ, who are brothers and look alike...
and the tabbies [yaaawn...] Thomas & Cagney...
and Murph & Mac... and Creamer & Piglet...[yawn...]
so I really need to put them on them all...
sort of like hospital bracelet...for "chez vet"...

but right now...[YAAAWN...]
I need a nap...
[after I make my bed...and get a big drink...
and eat something.... yawn/sigh...

No comments: