Tuesday, September 16, 2008

...full moon mania [or "where the %#$ is that cat ! "]


[Miz Piglet...on the prowl...]

seems like only last week...
oh yeah... it WAS last week...
every time I turned around...
there was Piglet... being "pitiful"...
and wanting to be held...
because she didn't feel good...

3:30 PM...[prime "outside time"...]
and there she'd be asleep on my bed...
or wanting to be in my arms...

but...that was before the last steroid shot...

AND... the full moon...

last night...she was at large until 9:15...
which means I'm sitting there...
calling her... and fending off possums...
[they just come right in when the window is open...]

so after she sauntered in last night...
at 9:15 PM...
this "discussion" ensued...

me : "where were you ? "
her : "gobble, gobble..."
me : "it's been dark for almost 2 hours..."
her : "gobble, chomp..."
me : "I WAS WORRIED..."
her : "burp..."
me : "tomorrow...you had better come in on time...
or else..."
her : "y-a-w-n... *snore*..."

so today when she made a brief appearance around 4:30 PM...
I remarked, "that's right... you need to be in early..."
she looked at me, flicked her tail...
and disappeared into the late afternoon...

not to be seen again until after 8:30 PM...
[aka 2 hours of me calling...
& 2 possum incursions averted...]
also causing me to wait to heat up my own dinner...
until she was in and "safe"...
[there are BIG dogs at large...
and other things... like speeding cars...
and raccoons...]

she strolled up the ramp, pushed open the cat door...
and "wandered in"...almost nonchalantly...
looking at me as if to say...
"did I hear you calling me, a while back ?"

as I moved to close the window...
she became the feline version of a vacuum cleaner at the food dish...
scarfing every thing in sight...
then moving over to the crunchies [her favorite...]

still miffed...I muttered something about her filthy paws...
[they were dirty...]
and how they'd better be clean before she crawled into bed with me...
knowing, however, that it was all falling on deaf ears
so... I left the room to write this post...

I'm sure when I return, to go to bed...
she'll be right there the moment I lay down...
making "beds" in my arm... with her grimy paws...
purring lustily... drooling massively...
then falling asleep to snore like a backfiring chain saw...
in my ear all night...

I'm very glad that the full moon is now waning...
and that my silly friend is feeling much better...

and tomorrow...if she's in at 4:30...
the window will be closed...

No comments: