Friday, September 26, 2008

..."toothless" update

this afternoon...around 3 PM...
the Piglet will return home...
toothless...lesions healing...
and completely pissed off at me...

since she was under an anesthesia for the extractions...
and has stitches...
and will still be a bit groggy...

she'll NOT be going out this evening...
which WILL NOT please "Herself"...the Piglet...
Queen of Absolutely Everything...
[especially the backyard...]

to paraphrase Rogers & Hammerstein...
"somehow, I can see... just exactly how she'll be..."



first...she'll be subtle...
she'll sit expectantly...
in front of her portal to freedom...
ignoring me... so as to give me NO idea...
of just how MUCH she wants...
no...NEEDS... to be OUT...



when feigned indifference doesn't work...
she'll sneak a peak in the mirror...
checking out my "body language"...
my location relative to her desires...
scheming her next "move"...



which will start with a sweet...
"Mom... you forgot to let me out"...
and when that gets a firm "no" from me...
she will rapidly escalate into begging...
threats... and name calling...



some of them...quite nasty, I might add...
and delivered up close & personal...
just for emphasis...

I, of course, remain very mature...
and DO NOT HOLLER...
"NO...NO...NO...!!!"
back in her face...
NO matter HOW much I really want to...
[20+ years of teaching Jr High...
were good for something...]



now...in full sulk mode...
herself will crawl up into the TV stand...
from behind the TV...
screwing-up the cable connections...
[she could climb in from the front...
screwing-up nothing...and often does...
but what fun/revenge is there in that ?]

I will continue to ignore her occasional mutterings...
and soon...

she's b-a-c-k...



and in my face, BIG TIME...

if I'm trying to sleep...
she'll jump on my stomach...

if I'm sitting there...she's all over me...

whining...bitching...complaining...

and when THAT doesn't work...



she retreats to the headboard...
flopping down with a disgusted,"hrummph"...
lashing her tail... thump, thump, thump...
narrowing her eyes to slits of loathing...
fixing me with an "icy glare"...
that makes her usual "death to all" look...
a beneficent glance by comparison...



and when THAT gets her nowhere...
she will, purely out of spite...
resort to baiting Fluff...
who has been quite content in her absence...
to be an only cat...
and is already, more than a bit annoyed...
at Piglet's antics to this point...

so she will "occupy" Fluff's favorite nest...
and gloat over that...
assuaging her anger with vengeful glee...
and a side order of malice...

soon, however...
even the "high" of spite towards Fluff will pale...

and the longing for being "out"...
will return...

and so will she...



this time to try "pitiful"...

if it's dark...or getting late...
or she's wobbly still...
it won't work...
and we will go through ALL the dance steps again...
until she falls asleep...or I flee to anywhere else...

if I wait long enough before returning...
she'll be "dead to the world"...
and she'll sleep through the night...
eventually stirring...
sleepily moving close enough to drool on me...
and snore like a rampaging chain saw in my ear...
until the dawn's early light...

the next morning...after giving her her meds...
[& a continuing "fun" adventure I'm sure it will be...]

she'll be "released"...

and Fluff will say...



"it's about freakin' time !"

No comments: