Tuesday, September 9, 2008

...UPDATE...contractor contact made !



first...there was a "false alarm"...

"feeling" that I had a phone message...
I went inside to check...
and there was one...
a recorded political advertisement...
[for this... I checked...?]

so I'm outside, in the back, watering...
and the phone starts ringing...
I unlock the back door [I don't use it...]
hop over 2 cat boxes...
& squeeze between the wall and the pantry shelves...
[that's WHY I don't use it...]
picking up the phone in time to hear "click"...

but I could hear the message as I was trekking...
it was the general contractor's office...
so I listen to the message again...
and "call back"...

the general contractor wants to "come by"..
to discuss a few things...
and will be here tomorrow at 9 AM...

I'm guessing...
the final design for the shower wall/door...
a revised contract...
since the one I signed...
included a fee for the window I repaired...
[I included a "note" re my repair of the window as an addendum
to the contract that I signed & returned...
I am smarter than I might appear to be...]

probably also some requirements for clearing space...
[pretty much did that today...]

and then there's the preliminary dry rot assessment...
which, if I understood what I heard...
is not nearly as bad as first feared...
[and was NOT given a price in the bid...
until it could be assessed...]

perhaps... even[snicker...] a... timetable...
[chortle... derisive snort...]for project completion...

and..hopefully...

a firm start date...

I've been recently reminded of just how flexible...
time can become...when dealing with the "tool belt" team...

as they say...

"stay tuned for the next episode..."

No comments: