Monday, September 1, 2008

...a thirst for change



I think we can all agree that this...
is not my attitude towards "self improvement"...
although I often identify more often with Calvin...
the obnoxious, selfish egomaniac...
than I do with Hobbes...
the "enlightened child-spirit"...

[perhaps, that's my problem...]


so after being encouraged to drink "more" water, yesterday...
I went home and did just that...



by the time I had retired for the night...
I had consumed close to 2 of these...[3 L]
and aside from getting up, numerous times...
felt none the worse for wear...

I did, however NOT get to sleep until 5 AM...

body aches and joint pains... stuffy nose...
[Excedrin & Zyrtek D, respectively...]

a burrowing Piglet...
making me too hot & sweaty...
so, off, go the covers...
as well as the Piglet...
using my stomach as a springboard...

then, the sporadic wind would make me cold...
so, back, come the covers...
bringing the return of the Piglet...
purring lustily and burrowing...
causing me to sweat again...

an annoying, sleep-robbing, cycle...

exacerbated by trips to the bathroom...
possums frolicking in the walls...
which sounds like a board dragged across a fence...
[enjoy it while you can, rat-faced interlopers...]

finally dozing-off after my clock struck "5"...

so when I woke up...or should I say...
"by the dawn's early light..."
when the Piglet thought I should be up...
[to feed her...& and release her into her "kingdom"...]
I muttered, pulled up the covers...
against the now steady, freshening breeze...
rolled over and went back to sleep...

finally... around 10 AM...
I forced myself to wake up...
the Piglet, fed & "released" earlier...
was curled up in the small of my back, snoring...

Fluff... also having done the "outside" thing...
was next to my face...laying on my arm...
conveniently positioned to be petted and adored...

moving them both as little as possible...
although Pigs always hurries out when discovered inside...
during her "outside" time...
and this morning was no different...

so...I got up...

getting dressed... going to the bathroom...again...
I realized that I didn't "hurt"...
and it had been hours since the last Excedrin...
as I walked around...my joints were NOT hurting...
I didn't have the headache I'd been fighting every morning, either...

hummm....

as I started my chores... I felt energetic...

hummm...

I got inspired... spent about an hour on a post...
then got up...a little stiff... but not like usual...

hummm...

I've seen "hydration therapy" work well for me before...
but for some reason... I forget...

so now...
I've gotten out my 7 1.5L water bottles...
and after filling them...
will scatter them around...
so one is never very far away...

had an Ensure earlier... but I'm drinking coffee now...
very necessary with only about 4.5 hours of sleep...
I do, however, feel surprisingly good...
for so little sleep...

so after I visit the bathroom, again...
and finish my chores...
[cat boxes, trash, laundry, dishes...
watering everything inside & out...
AND going to the store...]
visiting the bathroom... again...

I'll work on the choir music...
finish up some "elements sheets"...
and go for a long walk...

it's not 5 miles...
but I'll go up my street to "VOP"U...
and back...
my pedometer will tell me how far it is...
it should be farther than my "usual"...



I can't guarantee that I'll walk like this...
but walking a new route will perhaps invigorate me...
and I have to watch the sidewalk on my usual route...
broken cement... tree roots... etc...
and it's always good to have a goal...

especially when you're taking "baby steps"...



POST SCRIPT...

I didn't get all my chores done...
but took "the walk"...
up to "VOP"U & back...
[I even meandered around the south campus...]

due to a pedometer malfunction, "going"...
I'm "guesstimating"the distance to be...
about 1 mile... it took me 35 minutes...
from 4:50 - 5:25 PM... & I'm sweating like crazy...
which is fine... 'cause my water is "close at hand"...

I have some freshly steamed corn for dinner...
as well as some Raley's tabouli...
[which is very garlic-y...
and NOT nearly as good as Mr.Greenthumb's...]
and some Greek salad fixen's...
if I need it...
[and yes... I'm pleased with myself...]

No comments: