Saturday, November 1, 2008

...dog & kitty games

it's a gray, gloomy & drippy day...this Nov.1...
it's also the last day of Daylight Savings time...
for with tomorrow, the Feast of All Saints...
what a friend calls "God's time"...begins....

I finally gave up and took the Excedrin Back & Body last night...
I wouldn't have been able to sleep without it...
and I took some this morning...as I couldn't really move...
so I decided to let Molly out in the back to do her "business"...

that's when the games began....

as I groggily & stiffly stumbled to the back door...
I somehow "attracted" Mac...who zipped out the door...
the second I opened it....with Molly on his heels...
with visions of further sacktime rapidly fading...
I stumbled back to my bedroom... and threw on clothes...

since Mac is one of the ones who used to "go out"...
he loves "the chase..."
so I had visions of an all day ordeal...

taking Molly's leash, I went out and around to the back....
securing the dog... I locked the gate...
and we went to the corner & back...
she wasn't pulling too hard...
so she must have "gone" in the back...

I was still so sore & a bit groggy...
that a full walk was out of the question...
so we came back in...
I scooped up the cat food I had put down before...
and put it in the microwave...

fed Molly HER food...
& looked up to see Mac sitting in the window...
so I went to the bedroom to call him...
instead of coming to me, he scampered off...
sighing... I went out back to try & capture him...

he loves leading me in circles...
often refusing to be caught for hours...
but God takes pity on fools & sore, groggy cat moms...
and as I looked around the yard...
I heard the sounds of a tripping kitty...

moving so I could see the little "cat planter"...
in which catnip flourishes... I also saw a fluffy tail...
attached was a totally gone Mackie cat...
drooling & wallowing in the catnip planters' bounty...

I grabbed him.... he didn't care...
as we came back in...
I wished that catnip affected me that way...
'cause I could stand to "feel no pain" right about now...

now with all the critters inside who belonged there...
I opened the bedroom window for Piglet...
who was loath to venture forth until she was sure...
all "interlopers" & such were out of her yard...

satisfied...she made her way out & down the ramp...

I returned to more mundane pursuits...



making sure that the dog ate her food...
and the cats got to eat theirs...
this requires me to sit and watch...
all manner of doggy stealthiness in action...



the "I'm really thirsty...Oh ! is that cat food?"
move...



the "Oh look... a bit of doggy treat on the floor" move...[aka "skulking"...]



the blatant..."I'm watching for my chance" move...
[aka...I'll pretend I just want to play...and then, slurp & run...]



and finally...

the ever popular, "pitiful puppy" pose...

at this point...she's given up and gone to her nest...
I have to drag myself to the store for some Tylenol...
[and pig's ears for Herself...]
but first... I'm stashing that uneaten catfood...
in the microwave...

No comments: