Saturday, November 29, 2008

...the eye of the beholder

it is said that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
so is humor...

on my latest sortie around the 'hood...
I saw some things from a different perspective...

this is like laying on your back and looking up at clouds...
finding a ducky or a bunny...sort of...

you have to use your "imagination"...
and be just a bit snarky...

giving new meaning to the phrase...
"do you see what I see ?"




I see a little guy, struggling to get out of the tree...



here I see a really surprised alien...

and here...?



"Toyo ta ho-oh"...
Brunnhilda lives !

what do you see ?

2 comments:

Amberchlopaz said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I can't imagine Thanksgiving, Christmas, her birthday, my birthday, mother's day, or life without my mother, with whom I email at least twice a day and usually more, and who sends me cards for almost every holiday, not to mention my birthday, and often more than one card per occasion. I don't look forward to life without her and it is, in fact, impossible to imagine. I once heard a poet, Sharon Olds, say in a poem about the death of her mother, "It was as if a whole chorus of small, singing birds had disappeared from the earth." I am sure life goes on, but never the same. Again, thank you for your comment and for visiting my blog! If I ever get to Northern California, I'd love to meet you and your (how many?) kitties and Molly. Last summer I got to Southern California and got to meet Fran and Cookie from Redondo Beach and blogland. :-) Joyce

catsinger said...

...thanks Joyce...you would be welcome here anytime...
drop me an e-mail if you wish...
ngblaylock[at]hotmail[dot]com...
you know which symbols to sub for the bracketed words...
we can chat...:D