Friday, November 21, 2008

...in the dog house

ever since she's been here with me...
she's been here...



and since the rug runner was returned...
she loves to lay on it...

I have, however moved her nest...



so it's not in the way into the bathroom/office/bedroom...

this also gives her a good view of the porch from her nest...



and there's still a runner to lay on...

there are a couple of reasons for this...
I want her to alert me to people on the porch...
but she needs to stop barking when I tell her to stop...

and she has to NOT go nuts when someone leaves something on the porch...

in her zeal to protect...

she has managed to trash...

4 potted, previously thriving African violets...
destroyed a beautiful blooming orchid...
un-potted a couple of plants...
broken pots and scattered soil ALL over...

she has done this by jumping up on places she shouldn't go...
[where's that "blender counter alarm" when I need it ?]
and while she hasn't jumped into a grouping of plants...
she has bumped the table, knocking them off...
and literally knocked them down with her tail...

she also is beginning to play a bit too rough with the cats...

and would guard her nest when they tried to walk by...
barking, lunging... defending her turf...

so now, with it in a different location...
I hope that helps...



she is a good dog & the cats seem to really like her...
but she's been here long enough now...
to smooth off a few of the rough edges...
so that everyone who lives here is secure, feels safe...
& is comfortable...

so I have to step up...
& do the discipline for everyone's well being...

the kitties... Herself & me [who pays the bills...]

No comments: