Thursday, November 20, 2008

...dopey doggy blogging [aka Molly cuteness...]



regular readers know ALL about Molly's penchant for cat food...
when thwarted in her quest to snake an actual chunk of "the good stuff"...
she merely swipes the pans it's served on...
carrying them one by one in to "the batcave"...
to give a thorough "licking"...
in case a morsel of "the good stuff" remains...

the batcave is the area near her nest...
which she WILL protect from marauding felines...
in a playful way, of course... feinting...
yelping & yipping at any cat who dares come too close...

so to "distract" her...I've bought chew toys...
pig's ears...doggy chew treats and smoked bones...
the most recent one appeared to be part of a hoof...
she was most excited to get it...& took it to "tbc"...

a few moments later, I walked through the room and saw this...



I had seen her "rumple" her nest before...
a couple of times...
and thought it was just a frolic gone too far...

since she was NOT there...
I straightened it...
but as I shook out the red top bed...
something went "clunk" on the floor...

it was the latest bone...
totally unchewed on...
and chunks of the one before...
almost demolished...



then I "got it"... she had buried it for a later time...

I called...and out of the office she came...
licking cat food off of her chops & looking guilty as sin...
she had buried her bone...& done a flanking movement...
around through the kitchen & into the office...
and to the remaining cat food... which she had scarfed...

I showed her the bone...
which she then proceeded to chew on with great gusto...
as if to say, "oh, so this is where I left you..."
[cat food mania now sated...]



after realizing that I was dealing with not only a cat food junkie..
but also a bored, clever & devious dog...
I decided to try to give her more things to do...
besides stalk the cat food, that is...
[some of the kitties don't eat in the first wave...
so I must let some set for a while or the shy ones won't get fed...]

so today when I went to DP to get some more cat food...
[FF for the bedroom crowd & dry for everyone else...]
I also cruised the dog toys...

since she had demolished the playballs I found in the backyard...
I got a large yellow tennis-type ball, a red rubber geometric design ball...
a purple chew doll & a big fake fleece ball with a squeaker inside...



as you can see... the purple chew doll is her favorite...

before I got the camera on...
there were numerous mutterings & dogsong...
naturally, when the camera came on...
Molly stopped singing...



enjoy these moments of doggie cuteness...

No comments: