Monday, November 3, 2008

...tooth grinding 101



well...I just returned from the dentist...
they gave me a BIG shot in several places...
I felt the nerve "zing" along my jaw...
but when she started drilling...
I still felt it...

so ...to make a long story shorter...
I ended up with a total of 4 shots...
in about 8 places...
my mouth may have feeling again on Thursday...
until then...I'm drooling...
and trying NOT to bite myself...
it was hard to swallow...not so much now...

I got to wear the "cool" shades...
but not the plastic "drop cloth"...
[in my mouth...]



she was drilling away...
for what seemed to be forever...
although since it was the front right lower canine premolar...
the whole thing was much less stressful than I had feared...
even the dreaded "impression trays" were not too full...
and I could sit more upright, avoiding ooze down my throat...



the best news was that they found the root...
in better shape than they had feared...
so I didn't need the post[aka crown build-up]...
so I only had to pay $598.50...
instead of the nearly $800.00 I was expecting...



I get to return Nov. 18 for the crown placement...
but that's always pretty quick...
not like today's nearly 2 hour marathon...

on my way home, I stopped and got a chocolate malt...
the way my jaw feels, I may drink dinner too...
of course the down side of my jaw "waking-up"...
will be how wonderful it feels...
it's already starting to ache...
and I am not supposed to take Advil or Excedrin yet...

it may be a Tylenol PM evening...

but God is good...all the time...

No comments: