Friday, November 28, 2008

..."harvest home"



my front door... I don't put out pumpkins for fall anymore...
I got tired of watching them shrivel in the sun, then rot...
this I can store away and use again...
though I did buy these this year...
the ones that I had... had disintegrated...



this plant is still blooming...
the first frost should finish it off...


the birds have a bounty of berries...
these on a nandina plant, are a favorite...



this worm is done harvesting flower petals...



the sticky red fruit of the "mock orange"must be tasty...
because the birds flock to them...
[as well as an ant, if you look closely...]



I believe that this is "Oregon grape"...



even the newest growth will go dormant when faced with winter...



a single creeper berry...they taste sweet and "prune-y"...
[I was a little kid when I tasted them...]
that could be why the birds love them...

all is safely gathered in...

now... let the winter storms begin...

No comments: