Tuesday, November 4, 2008

...Mom's busy morning

I had to get up earlier than usual today...
the heating guy was coming to do the bi-annual inspection...
[it's part of the $$$ maintenance plan I bought]
and the "window" was 8-12 AM...

servicemen never show up before 11 with an 8-12 window...
but Molly needed to go out & I had chores to do...
[cat boxes, hopefully before the guy got here...]

and I was having a hard time...
sore ankle[from clambering around the park]...
sore jaw [from the crown prep]...
and a real desire to pull the covers over my head...
and "hide" in the oblivious arms of Morpheus...

so I got up, dressed, fed the kitties...
all the while...
Molly is dancing, yipping & carrying on...
then we went for our walk...

the Excedrin thankfully began to kick in...
[yes, I know... but I had had enough of the pain...]
so I wasn't limping too badly...

while we walked...
I kept fiddling with my camera settings...
trying to get it to do what had been suggested to me...
by MM but it was NOT cooperating...

Macro is always too blurry...
ISO settings are hard to get to & set...
"rapid shot" is there but I can't get it to set...
so I gave up & went back to "auto"...

I found a more "manual" camera online for $ 85...
that I may resort to for close-up "critter shots"...

so we returned home...
and there was a phone message...
the guy was on his way...
I looked outside & there he was...

great... cat boxes NOT done...
and in the way...
and then there's the watchdog...
who wants to go through the door at any visitor...
who isn't Miz Minka...

so I went outside...
told him my dog cautionary tale...
and we went to the back door...
he needed to go into the basement anyway...

I moved the cat boxes & stood guard...
while he went downstairs to check the furnace...
Molly was right there, on the utility porch...
ready to help, wagging her tail...

when he was done, we came around...
and I went in first to contain Molly...
but she wasn't a problem...
she jumped up...[we've got to stop that...]
and was friendly...not one bark...

he did his check of the thermostat...
visited a while, really nice guy...
and left...

I went around back to clean cat boxes...
taking Molly with me...
after I finished the trash/cat boxes...
Molly went in the back door...

I knew if she stayed in...
she'd scarf the cat food before I could get to it...
so I called her to come out...
she hesitated... but Mackie didn't...

out the door he dashed...
a fluffy bolt of lightening...
followed by Molly...
who now wanted back out...

totally annoyed by having to chase the frolicking Mac...
especially on a tender ankle...
I limped after him...

and got lucky when he chose to "drop and roll"...
on the cement patio...

scooping him up, I returned the now dismayed Mac...
to the house and closed the door in his little face...

then we went around and in to continue the day...



the usual suspects were snoozing on the coffee table...
[Charlie, Frick, Mattie & Murph...]



Miz Gracie was making a pest of herself...
and trying to groom at the same time...



Thomas was lobbying for more cat food...
["Mixed Grill... not that turkey stuff..." ]
while keeping an eye on Sneaky Pie and her "20"...



and when I looked for her after hauling in firewood...
Molly was dead to the world...
with her new favorite toy snuggled close...

No comments: