Sunday, November 16, 2008

...dippy dopey doggie blogging...



Molly has had a tough day or so...
as I began to get sick Friday night...
I was less inclined to take a long after dark stroll...
so she's had a couple of "backyard moments"...
between yesterday and this morning...

so when I got home from church today...
we went on a walk...while the cats were eating...
and then, on our return, I fed her part of her dinner...



all the cat food had been consumed by the cats [what a concept...]
so I left the plates on the floor...
& I went into my bedroom to rest a bit...
upon my reappearing a couple of hours later...

I found this...



not one dish... or two... but THREE cat food dishes...
had been brought one by one into the dog zone...[aka the Batcave...]
to be licked clean of all remaining traces of "fishy goodness"...
[salmon & tuna/whitefish flavors...]

it seems the "fishier" it is ...the more Herself likes it...
mind you...all the food was gone...
this was at best a clean plate "lick-down"...

after preserving the dastardly doggy doings for posterity...
I opened the box that had finally gotten here...
it must have been traveling by mule train...

it contained the heated dog bed I had purchased for Molly...
a good suggestion from the doggy Godmom, Miz Minka...
when Molly was sliding her bed over the floor grate...
MM had found one on a web site that was much less expensive...
than most of the ones I had found...

since it's not really cold right now...
I'll wait until it is again before plugging it in...

but the heated bed wasn't the only thing I got for her...



she now has a bright yellow, hooded rain slicker...



I probably could have gotten the next bigger size...
and may yet do that, even though it does fit her...

in my defense [I am NOT the kind of person who dresses up animals]...
she does have short hair...

when we walked in the rain before...

she got soaked...
she shivered...
smelled bad for a while...
& got everything in the house wet...

so at least now when we walk in the rain...
she won't be miserable...

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

I think the slicker is very reasonable, especially since you're walking her after dark and it's got a reflective strip. Safer for both of you. The heated bed sounds like heaven; I bet a lot of cats will be trying to share it. Move over, Molly!

catsinger said...

...that's just what Molly's Godmom,Miz Minka said...

I, well versed in the ways of the little "heat-seekers" had, of course, already assumed that would happen...
the good news is that this bed is inexpensive enough to have more than one...
all the others were2 to 3xs the price... so I really have to give a big thanks to MM for the link...

hope you're getting a lot of sign-ups for your contest...

I've been spreading the word...