Monday, November 3, 2008

...another Monday in Mudville



another gray & gloomy Monday...
with definite "precipitation potential"...
it's much cooler than yesterday...
last night's clear skies & lower temps make it feel...
much more like the corner has been turned towards winter...

a "normal" Mudville winter would be cold, foggy & wet...
not that we've had one for a while...
[actually, it's been years...]
I, for one, hope the drought is over, literally & figuratively...

since I'm feeling better today, thanks for asking...
the anesthesia seems to have finally worked it's way out...
I sweated non-stop for 3 days...
and just in time... I need to bring in more firewood...
that just wasn't happening anytime the last 3 days...

I also get to go to the dentist at 11 AM for a crown prep...

ie....
I get to fight off anxiety attacks...
get most of my jaw "numbed"...
[which for me lasts most of the day...
the last time I couldn't feel my eyes blink...]
have a "post" implanted...
and pay nearly $800.00 for all this fun...

there's also a sharp edge...
on one of the front teeth that were recently bonded...
I was so at the end of my ability to cope with the anxiety by then...
so the dentist wasn't able to do all the smoothing she usually does...

so as I write this...



herself is literally under my feet...I'm experiencing another one of those "doggy cuteness moments"

showing me just how good she can be...
[or she's "setting me up"...
she & Sneaks have almost played lately...
so perhaps she is getting feline tutoring...]

because she has been fixed on this...



since I fed the kitties before taking her out...

so along came Mac, who was eating...
until Thomas, who thinks he's Alpha...
came along...hissed at Mackie...
and is claiming the last bits for himself...




butthead that he can be...

finally satisfied that he had his "due"...
Thomas slinks off...



leaving a drooling dog...who's dreaming of licking the plate clean...
[I find one in her nest every morning...]

happy Monday everyone...

No comments: