Friday, November 14, 2008

...Mackie update,1.1



I just talked to my vet...
he has Mackie on IV again...
and has done some blood work that now only shows jaundice...
[ie liver problems...]
and continuing the IV is the best course of treatment at this time...

he'll probably stay overnight...
but I'm to call back this afternoon to make sure...

after reviewing the xrays...
my vet doesn't think there is a tumor...
so his biggest issue is the liver...

once that's stabilized, he'll address the mouth...
but he said the most recent blood work he's done...
shows no infection problems...

only the jaundice...

an enzyme level that should be around 0.9...
is over 5.0...WAY too high...
but the IV should flush it out...
then we'll know what we're dealing with...

the good signs...

I haven't seen any vomiting or diarrhea from him...
he's NOT a voracious eater...
[a sure sign of liver problems...
especially if the cat is thin...]

Mackie's always been on the small side in stature...
but his long silky fur "fills him out"...
maybe 7 to 8 lbs...which is small for a neutered male...
and sort of a picky eater...

[I've always called he & Murph, my "mini Maine Coon cats"...]

there are several kitties who are ALWAYS hungry...
he's NOT one of them...

so at this point... things are looking better...
a whole LOT better than they did last night...

thanks for keeping Mackie in your prayers...
me too...

God IS good...ALL the time...

No comments: