Sunday, November 9, 2008

...more cat [?] toys from Germany !



my kitties are really lucky...

besides all the toys I buy for them...
[there are buckets full...]

they know Miz Minka...
whose "nom de blog"... comes from her cat, Minka...
who is, perhaps, the most finicky cat on earth...
[or at least in the general environs of Mudville...]

this finickiness has worked out well for my little herd...

because when "L'il Sis" in Germany is so kind to send toys to Minka...
which Minka won't deign to be interested in...
they get passed on over to me & the gang...

the treat ball was just being rattled around yesterday...
[of course, the culprit was Molly...
but I digress...]

so today, after church...
when MM handed me a nice zippered bag...
and told me that they were toys Minka wouldn't play with...
I was pretty sure that someone at my house...
would enjoy them a great deal...



the biggest toy is a glove with long fingers...
since they like anything "interactive"...
I'm sure that this will be a hit...



I have several who go bonkers for cat nip...



anything
that rolls & makes noise[there's a bell inside...]



this is a batting toy...on an elastic string...



then there's the rhinestone/patent leather collar...
[uhh...I don't think so... if I put that on any of them...
I'd be found days later, with "massive pointy tooth trauma"...
& severe lacerations...]

which is probably why it got passed on...
there was a grooming brush...
Minka likes it...
& that's not a problem... I have plenty of brushes...



trolling for felines... I rolled the jingle toy...
instantly capturing the interest of Thomas...
who batted it for a while...

until...

I tossed the catnip mouse...
which bounced off the table...
and landed on the floor where Molly jumped on it...
picked it up...& brought it to her bed...
where she proceeded to bat it like a cat would...



I waited with baited breath to see if she would roll on it...
but she didn't...



so I put on the glove... and got her attention...



since the glove goes on your right hand...
I was taking pictures left handed...
and she kept jumping up to get it...
blurring all the action shots...

I'll have to "effort" a video soon...

my theory is that Molly is part German shepherd...
and these are German cat toys...
so she is just naturally attracted to them...

anyway, that's my story...& I'm sticking to it...

so as I bid you good evening, here in cat/dog land...

Molly is still treasuring the catnip mouse...
Thomas is finally eating the last of the cat food...
[Molly sneaked in and slurped some...]

and it's now time for my dinner...
but first...
the critters & I would like to thank Minka...
for being finicky and allowing my herd...
to have the cool cat [?] toys from Germany...

also Miz Minka & Mr Greenthumb for thinking of us...

and last, but not least, L'il Sis in Bremen...
for being such a nice "auntie" and sending the toys to Minka...

thanks to you all, & to all... a good night !

No comments: