Monday, November 3, 2008

...a walk in the park

I've been in the park many times...
it was the site of the July 4 Fireworks in Mudville...
[for which I played MANY times...]
the last time being the year before I moved to that neighborhood...

when I was in college...we had concerts there...
and "picnics"...[beer busts were at Dad's Point...]
but I hadn't been there in quite a while...
it can be a bit scary... depending on who's there...



[our street...from the edge of the park "bowl"...]

today, after returning from the dentist...
the resident dog informed me that she HAD to go for a walk...
since she didn't do much this AM, I believed her...
so off we went...

inspired by Miz Minka's photos, I took my camera & braved the park...



[looking west...]

I was glad I did...
[although there was one scary dude,
but we stayed away from him...]

what looks like a lake...
is a finger of the deep water channel...
that leads into the SJ Delta...
which is the most inland reaching part of San Francisco Bay...
and has storm drains from all over Mudville feeding into it...
[the noises I heard a few nights ago...
were probably cleaning of the storm drains...]



[low shot, looking south...]



[low shot, looking west...]



[low shot, looking northwest...]



[high shot, looking southwest...]



[high shot, looking south...]



Molly...barking at...[?] ripples...a fish...
the Loch "Legion Park" monster ...?

I never figured it out...

all in all... a profitable stroll in the park...

No comments: