Saturday, December 13, 2008

...the "wars" have begun

on December 6, I wrote a post about Christmas decorations...
and mentioned that my neighbor, Unkle Phil, PG&E's best customer...
had been up on his roof, hanging lights....



in the same post, I "quoted" UP, when I mentioned that...
he said that his neighbor to the south...
had "beat" him by having the first lights up...

in a snide comment, I was "informed" by UP that up wasn't on...
blah, blah, blah...etc...

I responded reminding UP that they were his own words...
and in another comment, Miz Minka [ROTFLHBO...]
responded,"let the wars begin"...

she is usually correct...
has seen these "things" escalate before...
and was, unfortunately, correct in this case...

so a few minutes past 8 PM tonight...
I was coming home from a nice afternoon visit in CH...
& as I was stopped on the other side of the circle...
I saw flashing, blinking lights on my street & thought...
"that's pretty close to MY house..."

as it turned out, they were VERY close...

in fact, they were right in front of it...

the flashing, blinking "object"...was my Meyer lemon tree...
now covered with flashing, blinking colored lights...
with a cord leading across my driveway...
to Unkle Phil's house...



which was shining with it's first wave of seasonal splendor...
looking tasteful and serene, next to this...



since a still picture doesn't really do the majestic scope...
of all the glittering tackiness justice...
I made a movie...so the blinking & flashing can be viewed...
in all it's tawdry glory...next to the tasteful serenity of UP's house...





and by the way... I'm blaming this for at least part of the lunacy...

2 comments:

unklephil said...

I'm so glad that someone in the neighborhood is tastefully decorating!

The video doesn't do the tree justice, but does come close...

catsinger said...

...how "tenore" of you...
to feed me back my own words...

would that I had pictures of "former" decorating,...uh...adventures...
and the giant toy soldiers...the candy canes & and the MASSIVE chasing, blinking flashing light show that endeared you to PG&E...
and caused a line of gawking visitors to rival Meadow Lane's crowd...

I'd like to point out that the same person who did your tasteful display... had NO problem giving me a tacky one...