Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...a change in the air



the winter solstice was Sunday...
I was pre-occupied with the Lessons & Carols...
and just missed it...



massive amounts of storm clouds rolled in all day...
and are in the mountains now...
leaving us the beginning of the 2 days & 3 nights of rain & storm...
that's forecast for tonight through Christmas...



these kind of clouds always portend rain...
but I'll believe 3 nights & 2 days when I see it...
there is also a wind advisory...
for gusts up to 50 mph for tomorrow...



in the meantime..the clouds and sky...
made my walk more interesting...
with most all the leaves gone...
you can really see the clumps of mistletoe...



as cozy as a couple of days of rain & wind would be...
having them when so many are compelled to travel...
is NOT a good thing... so I'm hoping for the usual...
the predicted nastiness...that sort of fizzles out...
so people can get where they need to be...
safely... and without worrying their loved ones...

my latest look at the weather forecast...
shows Christmas Day downgraded to showers...
which is great news for all of us...
who are traveling any distance then...

No comments: