Tuesday, December 2, 2008

...Mackie is back to his old self



not only does Mackie seem to be completely "back"...
to his old fluffy-tailed self these days...
he's gaining back the weight he lost...
he climbed into my lap to be petted today...
and he is definitely not as thin as he had become...

the bounce & swagger are back...
as is the gleam in his eye...

I, on the other hand ...
have not been, "worth shooting" today...
exhausted from getting about 3 hours sleep...
I've been in a mental fog and perpetual yawn, all day...

I had to take care of several details at the church...
and when I got home, chilled from the fog & damp...
I fell asleep in front of the TV...
I often have a "hibernation" urge...
when the fog and dank close in...
so I'm NOT going to try to fight it...

I'm going to hug my fluffy-tailed Mackie...
pet all the others too...
feed Molly...& call it a night...
tomorrow will be another busy day...
with yet, another funeral...

sigh...

4 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

Happiness abounds! All those prayers surely helped which just goes to prove (again) that our dear Lord cares about ALL his creatures...large and small and two legs or four legs! Hurrah for Mackie! More time to love him!

catsinger said...

...thanks M&CM...and thanks for all your prayers...

The Calico Quilter said...

Thanks be that Mackie is back to his old self. It is very hard in these dreary rainy fall days to muster any "git up and go". That's when I appreciate being retired the most!

catsinger said...

...just this afternoon...I observed Mackie "levitate" himself, effortlessly, up to the 2nd level of the cat tree from the floor...
now I know he's really well...
thanks for all the good thoughts...