Sunday, December 7, 2008

...it's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas...



my Christmas cacti is starting to bloom...



they "summer" in a shady spot in the back yard...



on Halloween, when I last looked...



the buds were just starting to swell...
now, they are starting to bloom & will move to the front ASAP...



elsewhere in the 'hood...lights are beginning to show up...







although "Frosty" hasn't been inflated yet...



I wrote earlier of my northern neighbor's decorations...



and lights...



as you can see, they haven't "gone seasonal", yet...

the there's UnkelPhil's southern neighbor...



he got his up & "on" before UnklePhil...

here you see UnklePhil, who as the song goes...
was "up on the housetop"... hanging lights...
which he assures me are only "the first wave"...



after it got dark... I got this shot...



he's been threatening to give...offering...
all his unused "decorations" to my northern neighbor...
after I told him, "I'd pass" on the "toy soldiers",etc...
[it's a budding conspiracy...*sigh*...]

I have got my wreath up...[$10.99 at Raleys...]



I have a wreath hanger with "jingle bells"...
I save the big red bow to reuse each year...
along with cat ornament the GT's gave me a couple of years ago...

I love decorated trees...and all the lights...
it's just really hard with the kitties...
who consider a decorated tree a giant play toy/climbing wall...
so I have to get my seasonal fix as a voyeur...

4 comments:

unklephil said...

"he got his up & "on" before UnklePhil..."

Not that I'd be one to point out details, but having one's lights "on" at 1 PM hardly counts. Mine were the first on after dark. Our neighbor across the street from your house still doesn't have his up, much less on; I'll be satisfied with that small victory.

catsinger said...

...I was just remembering that you said he beat you this year...

Miz Minka said...

...let the wars begin!!!... ROTFLMBO

catsinger said...

...perhaps this old cat has a trick or two up her sleeve...heh,heh,heh...