Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...Sneaky Pie is feeling more "Herself"



Miz Sneaky Pie has had a rough 24 or so hours...
as have we all... but worse for her..
she and Gracie were littermates & sisters...
and have spent nearly every moment together...
for over 4 years...

yesterday, Sneaky was very depressed...
she was huddling with her head down on my rocker...
when I picked her up, she cuddled [she NEVER does that...]
and stayed in my lap for a long time...[unheard of...]

so I've made a real effort to talk to her today...
and late this afternoon...
she started to perk up a bit...
I managed to get this one, clear picture...
[which only heightens my admiration for MM's pictures of Gracie...]

and a bunch more, blurry ones...
mostly of SPie washing her butt...
her standard "default" pose when she sees the camera...
so she's definitely feeling more her snarky self tonight...

and that's a good thing...
loss, especially sudden, unexpected loss...
is very hard...
and when it's "family"...
devastating...

4 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

The breadth of emotions an animal feels is of course the same as ours. I'm not surprised Sneaky Pie had to grieve. Blessedly, they have the ability to move forward, much better than we humans who have to struggle through until we can see some light again.

catsinger said...

...ALL the animals were very upset on Monday... but Sneaky became really depressed... a lot of attention seems to have helped her...
it hurt me to hold a soft kitty either...

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

I have always been a great believer that our little four footed friends have very deep "feelings" and although they can't speak with words they can truly show those feelings in attitude. No doubt Sneaky Pie has been showing hers...those sad ones...but genuine love can help heal the hurting heart so you holding her and giving her extra love helped both of you feel more like "yourselves!" My heart and thoughts have been with you and the whole "Catsinger Clan." I hope you are all "singing" to each other!

Love and hugs,

catsinger said...

...always singing...though some songs will be sad...thanks for the good thoughts...