Saturday, December 13, 2008

...changes in the air



Molly & I went out for our walk today...
into a different world...
the sun was out, as it has been...
but there was a cold wind from the north...
rapidly removing the remaining leaves from the trees...
and frustrating those who had just piled up mounds of leaves...



the 10 day weather forecast has only 1 day[of the next 10]
that is listed without at least a 30% chance of showers...
and most of them are 60-70% chance...



on Monday night. the low is forecast at 32˚F...
with Tuesday at 26˚ and Wednesday at 28˚...
so our first freeze is coming...
if it's been raining and the wind is blowing...
the wind chill may make it a hard freeze...
so I'm picking lemons today...



I don't have to cover or protect plants from frost...
unless it's in the low 20's or 'teens...
but I'm glad I did my planting when I did...
I'll also water well before Monday...
that always helps...



I'm really glad I got my big plants inside...
there are a couple of smaller ones on the porch...
that need to come in...but I can manage them...



I also need to haul-in wood before it gets too wet...
I have some frozen chuck short rib meat for a stew...
the perfect cold & wet meal...
with some freshly baked bread...YUM...



a week or so of cold, wet, windy stormy weather...
will pretty much insure a foggy, murky winter...
it's been a while... and we certainly need the rain...



so let's have at it, Mother Nature...
it's time for winter...

No comments: