Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...round yon virgin mother & child [?]...hmmm?

What comes after, "all is calm...all is bright"...
[the title of Unkle Phil's last 2 posts...]

"yes, Virginia...Unkle Phil has found a reason to blog...
baiting and annoying moi...
his long-suffering neighbor to the north"...
MM...I can hear you laughing...
I'm chuckling a bit myself...


when I posted this as the perfect acquisition for UPhil's display...
[it's inflatable, has Santa AND flamingi...!]
Miz Minka summed it up perfectly, "My eyes, my eyes!!!!!!!!!!"
[10 exclamations might be a tad excessive, but hey...consider the subject...
even Santa's wearing shades...]



in order to present MM's claws some fine targets...
I did a bit more research...[hee, hee...]
the above item can be obtained at ...
"tuffinflatables.com", on sale for $79.99 and in stock !!!

and right next to it ...was this little beauty...



UPhil does have 2, make that 3 versions of the nativity scene displayed already...
[although the 3rd is a seasonal banner...]
but we know someone who has as many, don't we...?
of course, Mr & Mrs GT's are much smaller, tasteful and much more manageable...
as they are the typical indoor type of creché ...

this one is 7 feet tall, when fully inflated...
so it's really more UPhil's scale... BIG...and lit up...



this one appears more simple...but is also BIG...



and then, because we all know that it was snowing in Bethlehem...NOT...
[in the Middle East ?...oh come on now...]
a "snow globe version"[also, {say it...}"inflatable"]
and this one is 9 feet tall...



of course, if you're tired of tacky inflatables...
you could go for the "classic" tacky look...
life size plastic...glow from within mannequins...
[life sized as long as you don't look too close at the proportions...
that "ox" & "ass" are both the size of a large dog...]

they actually had these in my small town...
60 years ago...in the 50's/early 60's...ewwww !

or you could go in a different direction altogether...


>/

that is ...if you can, ummm... "bear it"...



here they are with the 3 Wise Guys...
[wait..I thought it was Goldilocks & the 3 bears...
or was it, the 3 Magi & the 3 bears...?
I'm so confused... I can't "bear" anymore of this...]

of course, if sanity and good taste win out...
what am I saying ?...

OK...

if UPhil only buys the Santa & flamingi...
he might want some of these to add some tropical festiveness...



[they'll have lights too, unless I miss my bet...]

all of which leads us to this...



undoubtedly, the 7th circle of Hell...
for those of us with taste...
and decorating restraint...

how appropriate...

"gobble, gobble"...
[HA,HA...UPhil...made you look...! hee, hee, hee...]

and PLEASE... on your south lawn...

No comments: