Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...Molly hears a trumpet



I know some of you have been eagerly awaiting this...
so I set up my camera on a table top tripod...
set it to "movie"... and began to play...

the whole first film had no "star"...
just a soundtrack of me...
warming up for the first time in 8 months...
[no... really... I last played in late April...]

so I continued to play...
eventually I heard her coming...
so I started the camera...
and I got what I got...
3 short clips...

the dog's a natural born critic...
[you'll see...]

BTW...NO cats were chased during the making of this film...

enjoy...

[the film, that is...yes there are glitches...
that's why they call it "warming-up" & "practicing"]


4 comments:

Miz Minka said...

Cute!!! I kept waiting for Molly to break into song. Maybe once you find "her" tune, she might?? Or, could be that you'd have to imitate "howling" with your trumpet and see if Molly joins you... That'd have me rolling on the floor. :D

So, is there a Hanon exercise book for trumpet too? That little do-mi-re-fa-mi-so-etc. section reminded me an awful lot of one of the Hanon piano exercises I used to butcher. :D

catsinger said...

...actually...what you recognize is just the butchery by moi of basic arpeggiated [sp] chord patterns...
from old warm-ups I always used...
[ie I was making it up...]
the trumpet's "Hanon" is called "Arbans"...[it's 2.5 inches thick & written over 100 years ago...]
[I've got some Hanon transcribed for tpt, but I haven't used in years...
it's a good transposition studies because it has a pattern that you have to put up a 4th, down a 3rd...ect...& will work through hard keys...]

I love how she leaves the room when I start screwing-up... she must have gotten that sense of "perfection" from her God-Mom..;D

I'll continue to look for her trigger... ;D

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

That was just too cute! I, too, expected her to start "singing" to your playing! Bet she will when you find "her song!" Thanks for sharing.

catsinger said...

...today... I got out my cornet...called Molly...she came in...
heard the first note, turned & left...

everyone's a critic...