Monday, December 8, 2008

..."Carol of the Cat" [CC#13,12/20/07, revised]



should I go out, should I stay in ?
the sun is out, but there is wind...
and it is wet, oh, what to do...
it's light right now, but soon that will be through...



the breezes hurry, fallen leaves in flurries...
but I've really got to pee & do my "biz-ness"...
do I, do I, do I, do I go out... ?
do I, do I, do I, do I go out... ?



so I stand here, frozen with fear...that...
if I don't go out now, Mom will close the window...
I do want out, but still there is doubt...
oops, here she comes, I'll close my eyes and"just go"...



oh, boy, it's cold out here...just the way I feared
it would be when I was looking out...
let me, let me, let me, let me, let me back in... !
let me, let me, let me, let me, let me back in... !



now... it's so cold... please... it's so wet...
my paws like ice...it's not so nice....

please... let me in...

now...now, now... NOW... !

[tune : "Carol of the Bells"]
[dedicated to Piglet, Bixby, Minka & all like-minded felines...]

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Oh, my! Are we cat lovers ever familiar with this! (Great writing job, BTW.) I spent a Christmas night on my future MIL's couch once when we were trapped there by snow and she had run out of beds due to housequests. She must have let the cat out 10 times that night. He would meow to go out, she would open the window. He would decide it was too cold and snowy and meow to come in, she would open the window. All night long. This was next door to where I was trying to sleep. Trying, not sleeping!

catsinger said...

...I also "try" to sleep with the star of my song, Piglet...
there's a Cat-mas carol upcoming called "Un-Holy Noise" where her obnoxious side gets a full "airing"...
I wrote tehe last year...and am now adding pictures and polishing the verses, somewhat...