Wednesday, December 31, 2008

...on the 7th day of Christmas [aka...I have SO much to do...]

I think it looks better...



I "worked" it in the shower[won't be able to say that much longer...]
I can't move the top joint at all unless I really hurt myself...
but the middle joint, though very stiff & SORE, will bend on command...

so today, I'm going "commando" in an attempt to get things done...
my motivations include...

part de-cluttering...
[thanks to MM for today's "inspirational post"...]
part..."tomorrow is trash day"...
part... nothing has been "done" since last Sat. AM
[when I dislocated my finger...]
part...the demo starts on TUESDAY....
part...I'm having company on Saturday...
part...ARGH...

so to get rid of this...



I first have to empty & move things...

such as these...



I was clever enough to insert baskets in the cubbies...



that can be removed with the contents intact...
but then, I need to sort the contents...



the medicine chest contents need further purging...



as does the under the sink "collection"...



since I want to save this and reuse it...
it has to be removed by me...BEFORE Tuesday AM...



probably leaving a hole like this...



this has to be moved into the DR, as does the screen behind it...



the stepladder coat rack will go...
[coats in closet...]
and the box on the floor will go to the DR too...



I have a cluttered kitchen & dishes to wash...



as well as a stove to clean & declutter...
[it looked great even a couple of weeks ago...]
then I got busy...let it "go"...
then hurt myself...and now...



the LR needs vacuuming, straightening & pet bed washing...



also pet debris "wrangling"...
the slip cover needs to be washed too...



Molly likes to roll around on the sofa...
mostly on her back...totally un-tucking the slipcover...



but then, that's not the only mess she makes...

sigh...

it WAS an "angel wing" begonia...

then there are the cases/bags of cat/dog food...
that I need to get to take to the vet's with them on Monday...
and I need to get a half dozen boxes from the vet...
for transporting kitties...

now I need to get to the store...
to get what I need for tonight's festivities...

my finger's really stiff again...and cold...
maybe some "Deep Heat" and a wrap...
it's puffed-up like a sausage...

there's always another challenge...

5 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Have you considered a rent
-a-maid for a day? It might not be too expensive, and she could do the stuff like washing up the kitchen and moving things, which is sure to hurt your finger. I know you need to use it, but hurting shouldn't have to be an option.

When you wrote about getting multiple boxes from the vet to transport the [pride? herd? big bunch o'kitties?] I had to wince imagining a car full of cat crates and every kitty doing the "MOMMY! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" yowl at once. One is bad enough!

catsinger said...

...all the rent-a-maid places around here want to "run the show"...
ie you leave a list & they do what they want, ie only certain things...
NOT what I am willing to do...

I'll get there...I tend to look & see everything that's NOT just so & obsess
over the details...I just need to realize that it's a journey & the pain along the way is in lieu of physical therapy...

at least with all of the gang going in at once, they can comfort each other...I'm taking their favorite foods so all will not be too weird for them... they would FREAK if they stayed here...
and may only need to be gone a couple of days... not having to worry about them is worth it...

thanks for your all your concern... & have a Happy New Year !

us300 said...

Greetings,

Wish I could be there to help! Keeping you in my prayers.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

J & L

catsinger said...

...thanks guys... a safe & Happy New Year to you too...

Anonymous said...

Interessant!