Sunday, December 28, 2008

...on the 4th day of Christmas



I finally resorted to this...
the gauze the ER Dr wrapped on my hand...
got too tight as more swelling happened...
so I loosened it...added different gauze...
and used this "stick-to-itself" stuff...



it keeps my fingers still & protected...
supported, but is infinitely adjustable...
should the swelling increase again...



the discoloration is actually worse than this...



it just doesn't show up in this yellow light...



the swelling is obvious...



I had to remove my thumb ring, as the swelling has increased...
it was getting tight...and it had been falling off...



this is probably the best picture showing the bruising...
the tip of my finger really is that pale...
and the rest is reddish purple....

and really sore...

I am, however, quite grateful for all the little things...
that have combined to make this bearable...

it happened after Lessons & Carols....
it happened before my insurance coverage changed...
the other dog & owner involved were very calm & unperturbed...
[it could have been SO much worse...]

I had the presence of mind to reset the main joint right away...
I arrived at a nearly full ER...
but didn't have to wait in a long line to sign-in...
[about an hour later, the line was "out the door"...]
they sent me right in after I signed-in...

they had to cut off my ring, but did it cleanly...
and before it cut off my circulation...
I was back home in about 5 hours...

several folks at church just jumped right-in & helped me out...
from BLT doing all the handbell wrangling...
to Super Sop & Miz Minka assisting me in vesting, unvesting...
and putting away my stuff as well as putting on my coat, etc...
Mr.GT for driving me home after inviting me to supper...
and to R for coming by to give me a ride there...

so while I'd just as soon NOT have a double dislocation...
of the 3rd finger on my left hand...with probable ruptured tendon[s]...
it could have been SO much worse...

God is good....ALL the time...

No comments: