Tuesday, December 16, 2008

...round three, heh, heh, heh...

if you've been paying attention...
there is a battle being waged in central Mudville...
between yours truly, Catsinger...
and that devotee of seasonal decorating excess...
[not to mention gaudy, tackiness...]
my erstwhile neighbor of 20 years, Unkle Phil...

round one...
was when he attached a string of flashing...
blinking lights to my innocent Meyer lemon tree...
as a "surprise" for me...
[it WAS a surprise all right...]

round two...
he perched a couple of tacky flamingos...
[or is it flamingii ?]
in the flower boxes facing my house...
and threatened er, uh, promised...
to dress them with lights and little Santa hats...
[ewwwww...visible shudder...]

so today, while he was "out"...
I braved raindrops...and there were a lot of them...
to "free" my Meyer lemon tree from tacky bondage...
and return "gaudy tackiness" to it's rightful home...
HIS yard...

so I unwrapped the lights from my lemon tree...
went across my driveway and "hung" them on his crepe myrtle...
[which I actually gave him 20 years ago...
it needed a better location, & he had one...]
I did another bit of rearranging...



snuck up on his porch, turned on the power strip...
et, voila !

then I turned my attention to the lights I had bought...
for the lemon tree, but hadn't gotten to put up...
before the malicious decorating "happened"...



so very soon...

and not a moment too soon, because I was getting soaked...
I had 300 NON-flashing, "NON" gaudy or tacky lights...
gleaming serenely...I'll take a better picture after dark...




and, over on the dark side ?

heh, heh, heh...
"on the 8th day before Christmas...
my neighbor gave back to me..."

"300 gaudy, tacky flashing lights"...



and a flamingo in a crepe myrtle tree...

heh, heh, heh...

No comments: