Saturday, December 20, 2008

...round 6

I was quite content to take the high road...
a Christmas Truce, as it were...

and ... at first it seemed as if that would be the case...

the formerly tangled lights...now lovingly "re-hung"...
and blinking discretely...

the neon nativity perched sedately on the roof...
[if neon can BE sedate...]
while the neon Holy Family graced the porch...
[to be "fair"...they are "rope" lights...but what fun is that ?]

"all was calm..all was bright"...

even my lemon tree seemed to blend in...



see for yourself...

but as I was enjoying the warm glow...
and relative tastefulness...
an odd sensation of the presence of an evil tackiness...
began to pervade my consciousness, & make me twitch...

I moved to the flower box... oh, the horror...!

there they were...

lurking... under the cover of darkness...
[how appropriate...]

the dreaded flamingi...
just waiting for those mini Santa hats & lights, I imagine...

I suppose that I should be grateful...
that THEY aren't neon, too...

2 comments:

unklephil said...

Soon, dear Catsinger, soon. "Don we now our..."

catsinger said...

...promises, promises...